Need some advice guys!!!!

Greekman

Bought my 08 roadster gt late april.... 8000 miles now and apart from the clicking rear (left mainly) axle and the noisy clutch on idle had no probs...thought i will mention these issues at the 9000 mile service..... but 4-5 times within the last month the rev needle has stuck. it doesnt seem to do it on certain revs....although i think it prefers about 3000 rpm...usually on cruise control or if i am going steady for a while....which is rare and i think thats why it hasnt done it more often... the needle will start moving after a couple of minutes and nothing seems to sound or feel wrong....

Any ideas???? :(:(:(

Hi.

Cant beleive you have clicking axles on an '08? I was told this problem was sorted out - fortunatley my '07 has'nt shown these symptoms (on 28K miles now)

My thrust release bearing still grumbles once in a while but since the clutch slave cylinder recall its been ok ?

By what you describe it sounds like a cable problem to the rev counter but I cant beleive a Japanese car maker still uses a cable for rev / speedo for such things? It should be hall effect sensor and electrics (I may be wrong) but the car is fly by wire anyway is'n it?

Could be a faultly instrument - maybe they have fitted it incorrectly and its getting pressure on it unevenly and sticking? Well I would take it back and get it done on warranty - this is rubbish for a new car!

:boxing: Get down to a Nissan dealer let them fix it - good luck :thumbs: