Non-fibreglass bodykits

verma

Hi all,

Just planning for the future really and wanted some advice, I'll be adding a bodykit to the zed I buy and spoke to a friend who fits them who said to avoid fibreglass and stick to plastic kits, can anyone confirm the best type to go for regards to fitting? And reccomend any on ebay? I've had a look at some and seem most are fibreglass?

Thanks in advance

ebay is the wrong place to look for quality.

Nismo kit supplied in the UK is fibreglass. A genuine one should have no problems fitting etc.

A lot of the replicas (shine as an example) are good quality. The traders on here know what good and whats crap!

Thanks stew, how can u tell a good quality from a crap one? Can u point me in the right direction to purchase or look at some different types and prices? Are shine the name of a manufacturer of kits? Theres too many on ebay but bet the quality is poor...

I'm afraid it's done by word of mouth. Shine make some very nice pieces, including Nismo replicas. I have heard very good things about them.

Depends what look you are after too! Have a look at the bodykit section in here (stickied) and also the traders. Z1 have a very good site with loads of pics.

Hopefully that'll get you started...... Oh and post up anything you find interesting! :D

One other thing worth mentioning. The standard of the body kit is obviously very important but the standard of the bodyshop is also a big issue. Use somewhere that knows what they are doing. You will have to live with the results.

Is there any place recommended for the midlands? I know someone who's been doing it for a few years but not heard any feedback to what their work is like...