The Jockland Hoon 2009

Stew

Yeah I think it would be good to work out some kind of vague itinerary. Just like where people are planning to stay and what they are up to (if they are planning to do stuff with the club of course!).

Me and the +1 are planning to make a week of it, but have no idea what to do in the time. I was hoping there would be some club "excursion" to see the sights :teeth:

Stop off at Zedfest on the way home. :thumbs:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us stayed in the Fort Augustas chalet park last year and found it to be fine although Stan would beg to differ.

Would be good to find out if we could block book the whole park and find out if they could give us a discount :thumbs:

I'm sure the park holds around 50 or so people and has a huge grass lawn in the middle (ideal for a bbq B) ).

I shall let you more experienced Hooners decide on the details, just let me know what I need to book and where I need to be :teeth:

Zedfest would be good, but Amanda dont have enough holidays to get the rest of that week off up to the weekend. We can only do a week in total and I think she'd rather see the lovely Scottish scenery than sit in a field :dry:

We are just going through the process of e-mailing the park so keep an eye on this thread for prices and info :thumbs:

We will need a count to see how many people are wishing to stay at the park as i think we need to start the ball rolling asap.

Also just to clarify that the chalets have all been refurbed (some of you from last year may remember a few chalets where closed). :thumbs:

Well I was planning a Skye Loop for sure. It's pretty nice.

I'm going on the Harry Potter Steam Train and nobody will stop me! :teeth: The scenery on that looks amazing and it's pretty reasonable too. It'd be an experience I think.

I think we could do a Durness day. Nothing up there apart from a good route to and from it.

I was going to look at a route all the way round Loch Ness but not sure how good it is.

Emmmm, open to suggestions for other stuff but thats certainly a few days.

Ullapool is worth staying in if you are verturing North. Lots of decent places to eat and drink. Very friendly and has some cracking scenery.

Well I was planning a Skye Loop for sure. It's pretty nice. I'm up for that definitely :D

I'm going on the Harry Potter Steam Train and nobody will stop me! :teeth: The scenery on that looks amazing and it's pretty reasonable too. It'd be an experience I think. Tell us more ;)

I think we could do a Durness day. Nothing up there apart from a good route to and from it. That's a good enough reason for me :thumbs:

I was going to look at a route all the way round Loch Ness but not sure how good it is. Sounds like a monster drive :scare:

Emmmm, open to suggestions for other stuff but thats certainly a few days. Great scenery, great roads with great cars and company - just need to decide the preferred days to meet up - culminating with the Hoon sounds good to me. :teeth:

Ullapool is worth staying in if you are verturing North. Lots of decent places to eat and drink. Very friendly and has some cracking scenery. You read my mind :)

Thats my dates re-sorted Mike, travelling up on the Thurday and will drive back down with you on the Tuesday. :D

Good man :thumbs:

Anybody else travelling up on the Tuesday?

We might be :thumbs:

B)

I think we left about 10 ish from Wrexham and made it to FA about 10:45pm (a few stops are needed)

Thats my dates re-sorted Mike, travelling up on the Thurday and will drive back down with you on the Tuesday. :D

B)

I think we left about 10 ish from Wrexham and made it to FA about 10:45pm (a few stops are needed)

Especially if the exhaust falls off! :lol::lol::lol:

B)

I had the best sounding system in Scotland :teeth:

B)

I had the best sounding system in Scotland :teeth:

It did sound good!

:wacko: you not going up together then on the same day

:wacko: you not going up together then on the same day

Unfortunately no Colin. I had booked a trip off in late August to cover this so I could do the whole week and the boat thing but we are getting a little short handed at the moment. I am now off the Wednesday befor the Hoon. :blush:

Just wondering what is going to get "broken" this time :lol:

Nothing.......

Luckily the 3 bits of bad luck happened before everyone arrived!

Does that include my bike getting knocked over?

and then the bad luck on the way back with the polo's tyre getting a pressure blister!

Just wondering what is going to get "broken" this time :lol:

Nothing.......

Luckily the 3 bits of bad luck happened before everyone arrived!

Does that include my bike getting knocked over?

and then the bad luck on the way back with the polo's tyre getting a pressure blister!

The bike was included! As was Ricky and Karens incident.

• 4 weeks later...