This weeks little project ... - UPDATES on page 2

dcash5

Decided as I didnt really need the car this week I would have a bash at sprucing up the engine, mainly polishing the plenum.

After using the guides on here I whipped it off, nice easy job.

Next I attacked with a wire brush drill bit, Varying from large to shaped one for the more fiddly areas.

P9300294.jpg

After removing all the main dirt/filth and down to clean metal I attacked it with Sandpaper - starting on 40 grit then 80, 240,400,800 and then finished with 1200. quick once over with Autosol Metal polish to finish.

I did I think about 40/50 mins a night for a few nights and then spent Sat morning finishing off, probs total time was about 4/5 hours but I am really pleased with the results.

PA040318.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

Right I had another go at this and I can now reveal the finished results. All this is had done is a drill mop and polishing compound. I wish I had used this before.

Note: I have not used any metal polish on this yet!!!

I am over the moon

Photo377.jpg

Photo378.jpg

Photo379.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

are the results in the latest pics coming from both methods you used or do you think you could have achieved it just using your latest one with the drill mop and polishing compound?

want to do this myself, gotta be a lot cheaper than spending £150-200 on a polished plenum :teeth:

looks B) congrats