Beware of Halfrauds Tool Offer

Beavis

Halfrauds do a 150 piece socket set, its very good and of a high quality. I have one myself normal RRP is £149.99 but for most of the year you can get it for £99.99 like i did. Just seen the latest advert in the paper where its for sale for £199.99 but you get a free tool chest worth £199 free. Even though its still quite a good offer you are not getting it for free :dry:

I was in Halfrauds the other week and the 150 piece socket set was £99.99. ;)

I bought the larger socket set which was reduced from £199 down to £99 a while back, i haven't seen any for sale since at that price.

Yep they had them the other week at £99.99 ;)

At £199.99 you are not getting the tool chest free, at best only 50%. I bet you anything you want that the 150 piece socket set will be at £99 on the run up to xmas.

Guest prescience
I bought the larger socket set which was reduced from £199 down to £99 a while back, i haven't seen any for sale since at that price.

At £199.99 you are not getting the tool chest free, at best only 50%. I bet you anything you want that the 150 piece socket set will be at £99 on the run up to xmas.

Gonna keep my eye out for that - sounds a good deal and my last one was nicked by the removers when we moved :scare::thumbdown: - couldn't prove it though :dry:

Gonna keep my eye out for that - sounds a good deal and my last one was nicked by the removers when we moved :scare::thumbdown: - couldn't prove it though :dry:

This is the exact socket set, this as never been more than £149.99 and for most of the year as been £99.99 i know because i got one. Its a very good set with a lifetime guarantee. But at £199 they have well jacked the price up so hence the chest is not free. Take my advice and wait. ;)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... ryrn_76863

Guest prescience

This is the exact socket set, this as never been more than £149.99 and for most of the year as been £99.99 i know because i got one. Its a very good set with a lifetime guarantee. But at £199 they have well jacked the price up so hence the chest is not free. Take my advice and wait. ;)

Cheers :) BTW I was being my usual difficult self over that other thread -

read nowt into it :thumbs:

whats done is done :)

No problems Dorian :thumbs:

Guest prescience

That's nice of you - but I shouldn't be let off so easy. I took a contrary view just for the sake of it - which was far from clever..

Nevertheless, I would say that the recent success of this forum (as evidenced by postings and other stats) was directly related to the free and easy no pontification tone which was adopted from day one (31/12/2005).

Your post got my goat - really from no good reason, I accept :) - but i realised long ago that i was the least qualified to point out people's bad habits to them

[they are bad habits - but not mine to point out :blush: ]

• 2 weeks later...
Snap.....

I have the same socket set too! :lol::lol:

I must say I think it's very good.

Speaking of snapping, I snapped one of the torx bits from this very same set un-doing some head bolts on a sierra 2.0 block I rebuilt a couple of years back... Took some arguing, but they did replace eventually :thumbs: with a bigger drive part that they normally sell seperately - also, paid a lot less than £99 for mine as I had a halfrauds trade card (which has now been stolen by a not so good friend :dry: )

That's nice of you - but I shouldn't be let off so easy. I took a contrary view just for the sake of it - which was far from clever..

Nevertheless, I would say that the recent success of this forum (as evidenced by postings and other stats) was directly related to the free and easy no pontification tone which was adopted from day one (31/12/2005).

Your post got my goat - really from no good reason, I accept :) - but i realised long ago that i was the least qualified to point out people's bad habits to them

[they are bad habits - but not mine to point out :blush: ]

Saturday night again :drunk::lol:

You want to look out for a scam at B&Q too - I was walking in the other day, and one of the staff asked me if I wanted decking.

Luckily I got the first punch in, and denied him the chance. Beware if you arent as quick, you could be suckered by this one.

:lol::lol: