Finally Its here

DJsickboy

:yahoo: my lovely Z is finally on my drive after a 3 year wait and 31 days since placing the deposit. :yahoo:

Got it home and put on the Nismo wheels straight away, looks cool :teeth:

I will post some pics when the rain stops. :blush:

Couple of issues tho... I had reversing sensers fitted and the wires are hanging down out of the bumper :dry:

And the gearbox seems very noisy in First and second, a definate transmission whine, it sounds almost as bad as my straight cut box in my old RS Cos.

Is this normal? my mates 54 plate one doesnt do it, and I didnt hear it on the test drive mule, but that did have Stillens and a Nismo exhaust!!

A few small scratches here and there :rant:

General cleanliness poor.. I have since noticed oily fingerprints on the sunvisors, and smudges on the interior plastics etc, a bit of a dissapointment.. :dry:

But I did do 200 miles yesterday after pick up and generally I am very pleased and glad I got it..

TBH the sales guy was good and I am sure they will sort out the problems...

Nismo exhaust coming soon I hope...

Djay

gearbox is not normally noisy, small scratches can be polished out and the sun visors cleaned

get it back and say you want it valeting, reversing sensor wires - tie wrap them out of the way, the will connect to a reversing bulb so you could pull them up into the boot/rear

small glitches except the gearbox

pics :teeth:

ps. change the wheels when you go back, they will try and blame them :headhurt: any excuse :surrender:

+1 on the wheels....

Gear box whine isnt good...

Which Nissan dealer? Car should never have left the dealers like that...

Marshalls Cambridge

The little things like the wires and the cleaning are no big deal to me, the scratches and the gearbox whine are something different!! :angry:

+1 on the wheels....

Gear box whine isnt good...

Which Nissan dealer? Car should never have left the dealers like that...

Marshalls Cambridge

The little things like the wires and the cleaning are no big deal to me, the scratches and the gearbox whine are something different!! :angry:

lodge a complaint asap djay :thumbs:

on the reverse parking sensor i had the same issue, didnt sort it out, and ended up melting them onto the top of the exhaust box (this was before i got the K1) and just having driven silverstone.

anyway, i took the right rear light cluster out, and pulled the wiring loom up to the the loom from the rear lights and cable tied it to that (after rewiring it as having melted it onto a large peice of metal was causing some interesting noises)

gluk :)

Speak to Davros direct at Marshalls, not sure if hes on this forum or the other as a PM.

Marshalls are very good and have a great reputation for Zeds... strange for one to leave them like this....

Call them and ask for Dave the dealer principal. He is the Davros mentioned above (forum name). By all accounts he's a very decent chap and should be mortified by the state of your Zed. Let us know how you get on.

Cheers for all of the replies guys...:teeth:

I have just returned from Marshalls....

Rear sensors wires sorted... :teeth:

Mucky prints and scracthes sorted :teeth:

Gearbox whine....hmmm.. they say its normal, I say O.k I may be wrong, maybe they are all like that except my mates?!!

If there is a problem with it, I am sure it will only get worse... :lol:

On the whole very good service today makes up for the little issues...

Especially as neither Davros or Phil the sales guys were in..

Just demolished a 330ci BMW on the way home too so now I is a happy bunny :teeth:

Gearbox whine....hmmm.. they say its normal, I say O.k I may be wrong, maybe they are all like that except my mates?!!

Just demolished a 330ci BMW on the way home too so now I is a happy bunny :teeth:

Take out their demo. If it doesn't whine reject your car now. If you don't you may be in for a sh1t load of hassle later on.

Take out their demo. If it doesn't whine reject your car now. If you don't you may be in for a sh1t load of hassle later on.

I have done mate but their demo has Nismo exhaust and Stillens so Its hard to tell..