Event Tyres

Digsy

I'm fitting some 17" wheels to my CRV and needed some new tyres. After a bit of research I decided on Event tyres who not only came in with a good price but did mobile fitting. You book on line and specify a date which would suit you. I asked for Saturday but got a call yesterday to say that it would be very difficult to arrange this Saturday and could I do Friday (today). I agreed and made arrangements to be in all day and move some stuff around.

Their website says the fitter will ring at around 10:30 to confirm what time he would be there. 10:30 came and went. Then 11:00. Then 11:30. At midday I get bored and call them. "Sorry Sir, you're still on the Saturday list but we'll get to you at 9:00" - I had asked for slot not before 9:30...

What muppets! They stress the convenience of their service on the website and then do nothing but f**k me around. :rant:

I'll feed back on the service when they actually bother to turn up but anyone booking with them may want to bear this in mind. I've e-mailed a complaint to them but don't expect a response. :dry:

UPDATE: Got a phone call to apologise and see if I still wanted to go ahead. Told them yes but reminded them that I had said after 9:30. I was told that was fine and then rung back 2 mins later to be asked whether they can do it later in the morning, which turned out not to be the morning at all but lunchtime. :rant:

Make your own minds up guys.

I ordered mine from blackcircles for delivery only and took to a local tyre fitter when it suite me.

I dont envy your experience there Digsy.

Last time I bought tyres no-one round here would fit them for me... :dry:

I ordered mine from blackcircles for delivery only and took to a local tyre fitter when it suite me.

I dont envy your experience there Digsy.

Last time I bought tyres no-one round here would fit them for me... :dry:

that happens a lot mate, i have had problems getting tyres, exhausts and decats fitted in the past because i didnt buy them from the co i wanted to fit them :rant: