Weightloss Program

MrLizard

Has anybody tried to strip a 350z down to shed the weight...

Is there much to lose?

Speakers/amp

passenger seat

spare wheel,

carpets

aircon? (can you get rid of this?)

door cards

roof lining :) ?

Or is there no point?

Any comments regarding me loosing weight will be ignored and result in one more pie being eaten.

Thanks

i know the weigh distribution is supposed to be fairly good but would be nice to see if you could shed another 100kg or more...

i hardly ever use the aircon and the new exhaust is making the sound system sound worse, currently in the process of making a 205 gti for a hill climb car, wondering if a stripped zed might be a lot more fun :)

Or is there no point?

Thanks

depends what you intend doing with the Zed

Hillclimbing/sprinting/trackdays (probably in that order too)

Don't know what the regs are nowadays but when I used to hillclimb a looooooooooooong time ago, stripping out seats etc etc put you in a different and far more competitive class, i stayed in the road modified class and still had great fun

Or is there no point?

Thanks

depends what you intend doing with the Zed

Hillclimbing/sprinting/trackdays (probably in that order too)

Don't know what the regs are nowadays but when I used to hillclimb a looooooooooooong time ago, stripping out seats etc etc put you in a different and far more competitive class, i stayed in the road modified class and still had great fun

That is still the case today. A stripped-out Zed would be in the same class as say a modded Noble of Evo chucking out any thing from 400 bhp upwards, running slicks and considerably lighter to boot.

thats incredible, dont fancy being in that class :) not in what i have available anyway.

i was at prescott not long a go, you been up there in your single seater trev? time?

No I tend to stick to sprints mainly. I quite often spectate at Prescott though and a good time for my class seems to be around a 42 secs.