JDM size rear plate... 5 letters?

marzman

Hey guys,

I found a private plate im interested in but i have 1 crucial question:

On a JDM plate, is it possible to get 5 letters/numbers on 1 line? My rear plate is JDM style and has just 4 letters on the top line - but there would be space to fit 5 if the letters were nearer the edges!

Has anyone done this or know the legalities/if its possible etc?

If not then i wont be bothering with the private reg... :headhurt:

No I got pulled for miss-spacing mine as N11XY on the top row with the D underneath. I've now legally got N11 XYD all on one line in the middle. It helps that I have number 1's in there as they are smaller and you can have slightly smaller letters on a JDM plate. So if I've got 6 then 5 should be fine.

No I got pulled for miss-spacing mine as N11XY on the top row with the D underneath. I've not legally got N11 XYD all on one line in the middle. It helps that I have number 1's in there as they are smaller and you can have slightly smaller letters on a JDM plate. So if I've got 6 then 5 should be fine.

I think I understood all of that :wacko::D

No I got pulled for miss-spacing mine as N11XY on the top row with the D underneath. I've now legally got N11 XYD all on one line in the middle. It helps that I have number 1's in there as they are smaller and you can have slightly smaller letters on a JDM plate. So if I've got 6 then 5 should be fine.

Damn - thats what i was planning to do -

N12MO

A

is the plate, and i wanted the A on the line below...

I dont see how this is illegal... It'll look crap as -

N12

MOA

or

N12MOA

On the front i've got a UK spec plate so that'll be alright as

N12MO A

...i might not bother now then... :dry:

Damn - thats what i was planning to do -

N12MO

A

is the plate, and i wanted the A on the line below...

I dont see how this is illegal... It'll look crap as -

N12

MOA

or

N12MOA

On the front i've got a UK spec plate so that'll be alright as

N12MO A

...i might not bother now then... :dry:

Your front plate would be illegal anyway.

The Rozzers are starting to get arsey about number plates now too.

I know a few lads round my way who've been pulled for mis representing the original plate.

Although strangely, I had a 3/4 plate on my Rex for 2 years, and despite getting pulled for speeding and them going over the car, the plate wasnt mentioned.

As long as you use correct spacing, and correct font, you'll get away with a smaller plate most of the time.

You'll have to have N12 MOA on front and back to be legal and although I never got fined it was a pain having to take the car to an MOT centre with the new plates etc - a fine would have been easier! Having said that, I said dozens of miss - spaced plates every day - I think you're an easier spot in a Z but you could risk it and get away with it.

I got pulled a fair few times in both my zeds and the G. Each time they just used the plate to stop me and check other details etc and said to get the plate changed. No instructions to take it to an MOT centre etc and no fine. Maybe it was just my persuasive charm (££Â£) :lol:

So they pull you, tell you its wrong, and dont fine you? You just have to swap the plates and take it to an MOT station, and then swap them back? Or do you need to get a new MOT each time?? :wacko:

They can fine you on the spot if they want £30/60?

If you get caught multiple times (by the same cop) then they may submit to have the plate taken off you (rare but have heard it happen)