Smells of poo in Bury! Blocked drains

stanski

Ok this is not funny - I get back from Scotland trip and guess what - the drains are blocked on the estate - the foul ones not the fresh water!!!

Joy so after borrowing mates rods (ooer!) yesterday me and neighbour discover its not ours it must be the main one up the road- so after a number of polite phone calls to the builders so called Customer care services :angry: finally they send someone out about now - 17:00ish! Turns out it is the Main drain in centre of road - anyway now I can flush away happy, but the smell outside - oooh man!

Not only do I shovel it at work now I can smell it when I get home!!

Anyway some consumer info - you probably already know this but...

Builders (new estate) are responsible for the main drains up to 5 years after your property built, they will try to squeal out of that one - once council adopt the road then Unitied Utlilies will be responsible for it - the bit between you and the main drain is your cost - but on a new build estate - it should be easy to fix your self with a set of rods from B&Q - they have 50 sodding man hole covers all around your house these days anyway so should not be an issue!

Pooo did I say it smells here - yuk!!! :headhurt:

Wrong Bury - thatsBury St Edmonds!!

God how come these people have so much time on their hands to write blogs on the smell of a town!!! Geeeet a Life!!!! :p

the Smell of Bury Town Centre - well its not a nice whiff of coffee I can tel you!! :headhurt: