Pop Charger install went well but I have a small problem!

ms8qt

Hi guys,

I've had my black GT4 edition for just over a year and have finally put a Pop Charger in - not sure why it took me so long! Anyway, installation went really well apart from one thing...a small screwdriver fell directly down in that corner and then when I put my arm down to feel around and pick it up I accidently knocked it more towards the front of the car. Now I can't see or feel it so what do I do? - doh! Is it likely to fall out at some point whilst driving (that would be fine) or could it cause a nasty probem if it moves somewhere? What would you do to resolve this?

By the way, is it normal that the car sounds the same as it used to up to 4000rpm?...thereafter there is a definite change and improvement in sound. Is there anything that will make the car sound a little meatier (for want of a better word!) below 4000rpm besides changing the exhaust as I don't want to spend a fortune?!

Thanks!

Mark.

I dropped a screwdriver there aswell :lol: Luckily though I never knocked it forward & managed to pick it up with a long claw thingy tool :blush: You could take the undertray off to get at it.

Yup, normal sound upto arpund 3.5-4k then a big improvement in sound

Ideally i think you need to find the screwdriver, can't be good it lying around. Are you sure it as not fallen onto the bottom cover that shrouds the bottom of the engine?You may have to remove this to get to it. I would have a good look again to see if you can see or feel it, you may need to remove your pop charger filter again.

To improve the sound, you need an exhaust i am afraid. :blush:

Thanks for the replies guys :-)

Yeah, looks like I'll have to take it down the local private garage and get the undertray taken off (hope it's a quick, easy, and cheap thing to do!).

Mark.

You could do it yourself. It's a piece of cake. Alternatively, take out the filter and see if you can see it then.

+1 - jack it up and get the under tray off, its dead easy! Few 10mm bolts and its off. Its only plastic too so you could just undo the side that you are working on and bend it out the way. Should only take 10-15mins :thumbs:

drill a hole in the exhaust - that will make it sound 'meatier' !!! :lol::lol:

I have just had a hole welded in my exhaust to get it through its MOT, and the car just doesnt sound the same anymore :angry:

As far as the pop charger, 4k revs same for me - I love it!

There is a small gap mid way back in the under-tray when you can just about get a skinny hand through.

Jack the car up and reach in. You should be able to tap around the undertray to find out were the screwdriver is lying, then reach in and get it out.