Plenums or full manifolds

kingbiscuit

I have run both the SSV and the Cosworth Plenums.

I had issues with the SSV previously running 500 bhp and had to reinforce and reweld the plenum seams. I now run 600 at the hubs with no SSV reliability issues since.

The later SSV plenums are now manufactured using a different process and are now trouble free.

No gains to be had if you remain n.a.

The Cosworth plenum is much more robust and since Cosworth changed there manufacturing process the quality issues have now been sorted.

I have a brand new Cosworth Plenum with Carbon End Covers which I am about to advertise, but it is available to members at the moment for £699.00.

Alex.

Is that the new revised version? :blackeye:

Yes :thumbs:

better logoff now before I go and spend 700£ :byebye:

:bounce:

Everyone on here seems to be upgrading their intake manifolds with plenum upgrades. Either spacers, Upper or ocassionally lower plenums.

But has anyone modded their Zed with any on the full manifold components such as the SSV Extreme Flow Kinetix Manifold or the Cosworth Full Intake Manifold I think both replace the upper AND the lower plenums and will generally give better gains

I'm considering either a full plenum replacement (upper and lower) or going for one of the full manifolds.

Anyone know which is gonna be best?

SSV = paperweight

Cosworth - terrific piece on a car that is reving substantially higher than stock, has cams fitted, etc. Not worth the price of admission on a car with minimal mods