Fitting Body kits

Blacktop Burner

After hours of browsing all the body kits available for the "Z" I've taken a fancy to that supplied by Fabulous. I've been to two local body shops in Plymouth for a quote for spray and fix and they both tell me the same story. They say that these kits are usually a poor finish and a poor fit with the potential for large gaps between the original and new panels.

Rather put me off the idea but I have asked the supplier for some details and am now seeking advise from all of you who have added bumpers and skirts to their car. How was it for you???? B)

Fitted veilside V1 skirts and lip spoilers to my car, and the fit was ok. Some gaps but you only see them when you look real close. Not a problem IMO. Would be a problem if it was a full bumper tho. Have you looked for pics of the car on CarDomain with the kit on?

Bodyshops can make anything fit if they want to, but most can't be ar**d cos its a load of effort. Don't blame them.

As Chris says, its very much down to their experience, a few told me there was no way my Ings rear could be modified to fit as the carbon fibre would crack. This was having looked at the piece which isnt even carbon fibre :lol:

Had it fitted at the bodyshop that ESR use and it looks great.

Have heard that a lot of the cheaper or copy kits can be a real pain though. Watch for the "we had a problem so the price has gone up" crowd, there one near me that is famous for it. Quote cheap and charge the earth :headhurt: