Lower fuel duty petition

Stew

Have just signed. We so need to get loads of car clubs together and cause the same havock the trucks did the other day

Petrol prices :rant:

Thats not a bad idea.

Many members of car clubs will be hit hard by the Governments constant slaps to the face of the motorist.

The car tax on the larger engined cars is proposed to be in excess of £400 soon, yet many of these cars will cover hardly any mileage during the year. Being used just for shows or the odd meet.

Ive calculated that due to the Z now being a "weekend car", my Altea will pump out 3 times more CO2 during the year than the Z, yet cost half as much in road tax.

If the Government is insistent on linking road tax to emissions, then the above scenario simply shouldnt be allowed to exist.

Some of the cars seen at shows may cover less than 1k on the roads, so why should they be charged up to £400+ in road tax?

I couldn't agree more... I'll only be using mine on weekends as well so the £450 tax will equate to probably more than £10 for each time I take it out!

It's got to the point where rather than complaining about it and not being heard, action must be taken!! :boxing:

Have just signed. We so need to get loads of car clubs together and cause the same havock the trucks did the other day

Petrol prices :rant:

Problem with this is that whereas Joe Public, and the police to some extent, may have sympathy with lorry drivers taking direct action and accept the inconvenience caused I'm not sure that same acceptance would extend to car clubs causing traffic chaos. Could get nasty.