From B58 to S58….,

The G Man

Ever since I had a go in an M3 (V8) 3 series coupe, oh about 12 or so years ago, I’ve hankered after a M3, circumstance and the right one just never turned up!

Well now it has in the shape of a G81 M3 Competition Mdrive Touring in Brooklyn grey.  

This car is very, very different gravy from anything I’ve ever had!  Blisteringly fast, on rails and a stunner to gawp at!!  The tech is off the scale, too much mibees!

just had the running in service done so brave pills at the ready, its time to stretch its legs.

I’ve got, surprisingly, few photos, but I’ll attempt to post a few….

IMG_1433.jpeg

IMG_1432.jpeg

IMG_1430.jpeg

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1425.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andy_Muxlow said:

That look awesome. What a machine. My other car is only a 320D but i love it so this must be a rocket ship...

It’s on another scale, we’ve also still got our 320d xdrive touring, a kind of his and hers 😀.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ZMANALEX said:

Love it, great choice George.  :thumbs: :yahoo:

Cheers Alex, been looking, researching, every YouTube review watched.  It’s near supercar performance when needed, dog and grandkid mover for the old grandad in me 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, GranTurismoEra said:

Any mods planned? Or keeping it stock?

First one already done 😂, some 50th anniversary badging, mostly cosmetic but a set of MoTech spacers 15mm front, 12mm rear and a set of front Eibachs.  

Rear is a perfect height front needs a light drop.  Be getting a ceramic coating as soon as time allows, possibly front end PPF and that’s it 🤤

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Great choice. The M4 Competition is tempting. Only in black for me. Good race with a lerry near stock GTR 😎

I very nearly bought an M4 before my M440i, never bonded with the M440 really hence the short turnaround with it.  The M4, as with the M440, on reflection didn’t meet my lifestyle needs, GT touring with capacity for dogs 😅.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee370Z said:

Congratulations OP! B):thumbs:

I've wanted a G82 M4 xDrive for years(I currently have a F82 M4). 

I bet it is an absolute rocket. Enjoy it. :drive1

I thought that the M440i was rapid and, it was, sub 4sec to 60 and all that pub bragging stuff but this is, for me, on a different scale, just the way it lifts its skirt and shoots off.  Twin turbo makes the biggest impact I guess.

Gave me back the enthusiasm I had with my Mustang.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davey_83 said:

What a weapon!!!! Meant to be unreal cars 

It’s got that ‘sleeper’ look to it but to those that know……

Future icon IMO, the next M3 Touring will certainly be hybrid if not all electric.  

I miss the seatbelt ‘butler’ of the M440 though 😂

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

I miss the seatbelt ‘butler’ of the M440 though 😂

:lol:

I liked that in my E92 M3 as well. B)

Well I did until it packed up though! It was fixed under the warranty thankfully though.