New to 350z ownership..

iNezzy

Finally took the plunge and bought myself a zed. 54 plate on 70k miles.

Have yet to take it out as I wanted it fully serviced for piece of mind as its been standing for a number of years in a garage.

Firstly, the fans dont seem to kick in what could this be? The thermostat was stuck shut so have replaced witb a mishimoto racing one.

However more importantly I am going from a FWD hot hatch background to my zed. What advice would you give?

Thanks

• Like 2

Welcome Along!

2 hours ago, iNezzy said:

However more importantly I am going from a FWD hot hatch background to my zed. What advice would you give?

Don't stamp on the loud pedal going out of corners until you are used to the power delivery 😂

• Like 1

Hopefully a great buy, especially this time of year one can easily get caught out not showing a bit of respect for a decently powered RWD car. 

Fans more than likely will be the motors, check if they work on slow speed using the A/C

1 hour ago, davey_83 said:

Hopefully a great buy, especially this time of year one can easily get caught out not showing a bit of respect for a decently powered RWD car. 

Fans more than likely will be the motors, check if they work on slow speed using the A/C

Could you elaborate on this?

2 hours ago, DoogyRev said:

Welcome Along!

Don't stamp on the loud pedal going out of corners until you are used to the power delivery 😂

I've noticed. Even with the tc remaining firmly on... she likes to try and step!

Hello and welcome! 

As Davey said, the motors are likely the issue but worth doing a bit of diagnosing.

If you are looking to replace the fans as a whole and get a bit of an upgrade, I've got a Mishimoto radiator and fan package for sale at the minute: 

https://www.facebook.com/share/WDR1dTj2rUzEuCWB/

£350 for them as a pair shipped UK wide, RRP is £558 plus shipping. 

Otherwise, we sell just the motors on their own at TORQEN: 

https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/cooling/radiators-fans/262399-350z-z33-tyc-radiator-fan-motor.html

Advice: Run some decent tyres (same goes for any RWD car) and don't push it until you're accustomed to the new feel of RWD, they're nothing crazy power wise and you don't have to worry about a turbo kicking in which can be unpredictable. Fairly easy to tame once you're used to it. Good luck with the new Z  :thumbs: