Subframe replacment cost

Davox01

My Cars failed its MOT on corroded rear and front sub frames. What am I looking at parts and labour, have been advised the parts needed to be new but they can be aftermarket. Having a problem even finding them only place i can find is ebay.

I've had advisory's on the rear W brace, kidney brackets before so i know its pretty rusty underneath.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by Davox01

Just my two penny worth... new to Zs but not new to mechanics....

Parts don't have to be new, they have to be in a suitable condition to pass an MOT.

Something like this looks okay (assuming its the right one) degrease it, wire brush on a drill, rust convertor paint, a couple of coats of chassis black / wax spray in the box, and its ready to be fitted

NISSAN 350Z MK1 Z33 2003 - 2009 FRONT SUBFRAME 76386 | eBay

Depends on your experience / tools / work area if you could DIY a swap. I reckon it would take me a long weekend for the front if I did it myself

Rear is aluminium, as post above and this clearly shows, your MOT inspector has had a mare with that one

2005 NISSAN 350Z V6 Z33 3.5 PETROL MK1 3DRS COUPE REAR SUBFRAME (VQ35DE) | eBay

W brace and kidney brackets are very easy swaps, it would take me no more than a couple of hours if I did it myself

My best guess a garage would want maybe 2 days?

Edited by Keith D

Garage said it was a newish regulation, can't remember his exact words but something along the lines of critical structural components have to be new.

I've changed garages as I've moved to the other side of town, didn't realise when i booked the MOT that the new garage don't actually do the MOT, they send it off somewhere local, so they haven't looked at it themselves. Going to take it back to the other garage, last year they told them the W brace and kidneys would need replacing soon.

There are 2 front sub frames so you will have to identify which one.

There is the engine cross member that Keith D has mentioned and there is this one below:

The engine cross member can be a mare if the bolts are rusted and seized.

The one below is an hour's work on a ramp.

NISSAN 350Z 2007 3.5 V6 PETROL FRONT KIDNEY BRACE SUBFRAME BRACE BAR ~ - Picture 1 of 4