KeithD's Z

Keith D

2015, auto, 31k miles.  I paid over the odds but I wanted a full main dealer service history as I hoped it would give me more chance of having a good base to start from, and having driven nothing but autos for the last 18 years I didn't want to start with all that gear stick stuff now.

I bought it as a toy for sunny days, it's garaged when not in use.  I'll likely only put 2k miles on it a year.

Paint and interior is in very good condition and I thought I'd be able to start right away with bolting on goodies.  However the underside is a bit ugly (so much for the main dealer service history confidence) the w brace needs replacing.... as do the kidney braces.... the original exhaust is on its last legs.... just about everything has a film of either rust or gunk on it.... so this autumn instead of bolting on goodies I will be on my back disassembling suspension, subframe etc for thorough corrosion treatment.  While I'm at it I might as well do the diff bushes, subframe bushes etc.

What is my vision for the car?  Not sure.  In the past I've built a VW beetle with a Rover V8 engine in the front and turned a rusty MOT failure Capri 2.8 into a concours winner, so this build could go anywhere!   

I'll drop photos as I go.  Thanks for reading!

image.jpeg.66645ccd69e24e7fb9d886aca53edb8b.jpeg

Edited by Keith D
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...