Top Gear Rear Exhaust and Tailpipes

davebr1963

Hi there,

I'm looking to replace my back box and tips on my 350 - it's the original but the tips are corroding and i'm looking for a slight increase in volume - nothing horrendous, don't want to scare old ladies or have a massive increase in volume inside the cabin. I've seen older comments about the Nvidia Gemini but thats a complete exhaust and my research lead me to the Tanabe Medallion Touring.

I then came across the backbox and pipes from a company called TopGear in Bridport - https://www.topgear.co.uk/nissan-350z-rear-section-with-stainless-tips - has anyone got a video with sound that they could post so i get an idea of the increase in volume for this please?

Any other advice much appreciated.

Cheers

If it's the OEM factory fitted exhaust, the flanges between the mid pipe and back box will definitely be near end of life.

So replacement tips alone would definitely not be economical as the flanges WILL fail soon.

Also check the flexis on the Y-pipe. These may also be on their last legs

Time to treat yourself to a cat back system I think 😉.

It'll.sound so much nicer than stock too.

Scorpion is a good budget choice with lifetime  guarantee and not too loud either.

Then there's Cobra.

Invidia is a bit more pricey but beautifully made.

If you're on the market for an exhaust, I have a pretty rare (here in the UK), Fujitsubo Y-Pipe back exhaust for sale. 

It includes both the backbox and mid pipes, it's a pretty subtle system, there should be some sound clips on Youtube if you're interested. 

RRP: £1949 + Shipping

Asking: £949 shipped

Condition: Some slight scrapes on the midpipe resonator but that's just cosmetic, will be supplied with brand new bolts, nuts and gaskets. 

More details on specs here: https://www.torqen.uk/nissan/350z/exhausts/exhaust-systems/328-350z-de-z33-fujitsubo-legalis-r-exhaust-y-pipe-back.html

IMG_6203.JPG.ad0adf25da79a656c0383729188fcb4e.JPG

IMG_6198.jpeg.ea687933548f302cf7e6ef4177d330ee.jpeg

IMG_6197.jpeg