Quick lifts / Quick jacks

Keith D

I plan to take the new (old) z off the road for the winter for some TLC (underbody corrosion prevention, Invidia Gemini (not bought yet), HFCs (maybe) new discs etc etc) and have been looking at quick lift options online as I've never felt happy under a car on axle stands.

Wondered if anyone has any experience?  Good or bad?

Edited by Keith D
  • Like 1

I use these when at track for a full day for underbody running repairs.

However, most are hydraulic and can fail, so extreme caution must be used as some do not have safety lock bars fitted.

A good set of 4 axle stands, mated properly to the underside of your car, on a flat, even surface may work best for the repairs that you have in mind.

How much do you want to spend?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't say money is no object, but when it comes to my safety... money no object!

The 2 I have been looking at are 5000TL from Quickjack, and the Quick Lifts from Equipment4garages.  With blocks etc both are similar price c£1800.00.

Edited by Keith D

I watched some Youtube vids and both have similar bar and cam safety locks.  TBH I'll probably end up putting some axle stands under as well for belt and braces.  Scissor lift or low height 2 post lift were the other options I had considered, but I suspect my garage floor will need some work for the 2 post, and a scissor lift is a pretty big lump in the garage when not in use. 

• Like 1

I got a Quickjack 5000TL when they were on offer in Costco, but it's still in the box so can't tell you how it performs! They seemed the best of the bunch for my needs when I was researching which lift to get.

I was watching a few of the older Mighty Car Mods the other night before they moved workshops, and they were using a Quickjack and they seemed to rate it too.

Edit to say I was always planning on using axle stands under the car when the car was on the lift before I got under it, just in case :thumbs:

Edited by 350_Jer
  • Like 2

Can't lie was a little apprehensive before first lift, but it's brilliant, stable as a rock and not far off 600mm from floor to underside of car.  Should have bought one years ago.

Messenger_creation_325410A6-5CA1-411B-9AF0-7ED0BAD7BB2C.jpeg

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Keith D said:

Can't lie was a little apprehensive before first lift, but it's brilliant, stable as a rock and not far off 600mm from floor to underside of car.  Should have bought one years ago.

Messenger_creation_325410A6-5CA1-411B-9AF0-7ED0BAD7BB2C.jpeg

Does one on one side work fine, or would two on both sides be preferred?