Do you remember Pimp My Ride?

Good thing about Amazon they get lots of movies and series first, they have British TV shows from 10 to 25 years ago that people missed. Also you get extra perks like faster deliveries etc. Overall value is better. 

Netflix has gone down the appease everyone route with a lot of stories appealing to modern thinking lol...Epic fail. The saving grace is big budget sci fi that couldn't cut it as Star Wars offspring and sold to second choice Netflix, the odd show like Virgin River (filmed in lovely Vancouver) and the odd hidden gem with subtitles 😂

Edited by GranTurismoEra

6 hours ago, GranTurismoEra said:

Good thing about Amazon they get lots of movies and series first, they have British TV shows from 10 to 25 years ago that people missed. Also you get extra perks like faster deliveries etc. Overall value is better. 

Netflix has gone down the appease everyone route with a lot of stories appealing to modern thinking lol...Epic fail. The saving grace is big budget sci fi that couldn't cut it as Star Wars offspring and sold to second choice Netflix, the odd show like Virgin River (filmed in lovely Vancouver) and the odd hidden gem with subtitles 😂

"British TV shows from 10 to 25 years ago that people missed."

I didn't, I was fully aware and around at that time 😭

• Haha 1

On 20/08/2024 at 20:09, Ekona said:

Most importantly, the UX on Prime Video is utterly appalling compared to Netflix. Disney + is better than Prime by a mile too, and even that has issues. 

I heard good things about Disney and its not just animated series on there. 

44 minutes ago, GranTurismoEra said:

I heard good things about Disney and its not just animated series on there. 

Far from it, the vast majority is live action and there’s a good mix between TV and movies. Of course the kiddy stuff is there (a godsend if you have children like me!), and some of the self produced Marvel and Star Wars stuff is hit and miss, but for the most part it’s quality output. Certainly gets watched more in this house than Prime does by about 10:1.

Netflix remains the go-to though. 

• Like 2