Airbag side impact sensors

Jeff E

Please help. Where is the drivers side impact sensor on my 350Z convertible.  In 2017 MrGR13 asked the question but I can find no replies or others on issue.

if it is behind the b pillar interior trim, how does it come off. Have pulled away rubber door surround but frightened of breaking by heavy levering 

Jeff

• 2 months later...

Well as no one could be a...d to answer or even acknowledge this plea for help including Mr. Superman, I know everything Z Manalex, I ended up taking out lots of unnecessary stuff before I found the unit.

This is for a roadster.  Behind the seat is a panel, 21"x 12" held in by clips. Sprise this out and you will see a circular  10" hole. Through it to the left you will see the seat belt " roller" which is held in place by a 14mm bolt at the bottom and , a difficult to reach , 10mm bolt at the top. Once the seat belt roller is pulled away you will see the crash sensor unit behind  held in place with two 10 mm nuts. 

Following my track day side  bang I have replaced this side impact sensor ( ebay 2nd hand),am replacing the in seat canister unit ( e bay 2nd hand) and have  had the central programmer wiped . Will let you know if light goes out ?? The cars or mine !!!

10 hours ago, Jeff E said:

Well as no one could be a...d to answer or even acknowledge this plea for help including Mr. Superman, I know everything Z Manalex, I ended up taking out lots of unnecessary stuff before I found the unit.

This is for a roadster.  Behind the seat is a panel, 21"x 12" held in by clips. Sprise this out and you will see a circular  10" hole. Through it to the left you will see the seat belt " roller" which is held in place by a 14mm bolt at the bottom and , a difficult to reach , 10mm bolt at the top. Once the seat belt roller is pulled away you will see the crash sensor unit behind  held in place with two 10 mm nuts. 

Following my track day side  bang I have replaced this side impact sensor ( ebay 2nd hand),am replacing the in seat canister unit ( e bay 2nd hand) and have  had the central programmer wiped . Will let you know if light goes out ?? The cars or mine !!!

Quite often, if people don't know the answer to a question - rather than just guess, they don't put anything at all. Apologies this didn't live up to your expectations, but there's no need for a temper tantrum.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Jeff E said:

If I was you I'd file a complaint with DVSA, MI5, PayPal, local Halfords and maybe even straight to Meta, the owner of Facebook. Failing that, find out Mr Superman's ex primary school headteacher and give her a call, surely she can look into it. 

I can't believe these guys haven't replied to you, such behaviour shouldn't be tolerated!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sorry for the tantrum ! Fitted side sensor and central control and 2.2 ohm resistor in the socket. Air bag light went out . Fitted the seat with the replacement air bag and light flashing. Did the ignition on/ off sequence posted on the forum and now light goes out as it should so now legal and safe albeit with ripped seat side panel

• Like 2