ESP & TCS Lights on after a track day. Help!

da.murf

Need help! 

Was at a Trackday yesterday and at end of the day when I started the car again to go home the esp and tsc lights came on and won’t go off. The ABS light isn’t on and throwing no codes with basic code reader. 

Tsc was enabled all day and working fine right until car was turned off, I’ve watched GoPro footage and the slip light was popping on and off coming out of bends etc. 

Fluids all ok
Brake light switch seems ok as rear brake lights come on when pedal pressed. 

Any ideas? Pedal dance for ecu reset didn’t sort it and battery out overnight didn’t fix it either. 

Any ideas??

Thanks

After a track blast things like the yaw sensor will have been thrown about a bit.

On some cars a spurious fault indication takes 5 or 6 cold/hot engine cycles to reset, if not, then I would get the obd read by a more sophisticated reader.

Ok I’ll have a look at that thanks. It’s not showing anything on basic obd code reader. Going to link it to a more sophisticated one asap. 

battery disconnect 12hrs didn’t do anything or the ecu pedal dance. 

all fuses seem ok. 

brakes where proper proper hot by end

could brake disc/pad/rear shoe issues cause a tcs and esp light but not abs?

Hi,every track day my ecu esp and tcs lights come on. Think gets overheated. Peddle dance or Ob gets rid of ecu and usually esp/tcs goes off after cooled down. At Cadwell my car started bogging and I struggled to get off. After cooled down it was ok. Think esp was so overheated it kept slowing the engine. Had a track day crash and afterwards,after a short distance the skid light would flicker and then both lights came full on   Steering wheel not central. Had car tracked and no lights since. Perhaps your stressful use has damaged a sensor. Suspect if my esp had been working i wouldn’t have crashed. Poor excuse. Good luck 

Jeff

• Like 1