JDM Nissan 370z Queries

Ver.4

Hello All,

After a long time away from anything fun, I have managed to pick up a Nissan 370z that admittedly, needs a little TLC.

Some information on the car, it is a 58 reg Japanese Import, base spec (Version T) with a few options, in Yellow.

Onto the reason for this post. There are a couple of issues I am hoping someone here would be able to help me with. I will list them below:

1. The clocks are in japanese (not the ones on the dash, just the instrument dial cluster behind the steering wheel). I have purchased a set of UK dials - is it as simple as a plug and play swap? Do I need anything else for them to work correctly? - I have seen another post similar to this where the closing post is to "learn to read japanese", not really helpful or constructive.
  2. The car is an auto, and the gearbox works perfectly fine in Drive however, the manual mode does not engage. I have tried moving the gear selector across into the manual position and pulling on the steering wheel paddles, but it doesn't register. I would really appreciate some help on where to go with this, is it as simple as a fuse/wire? Or is it a complicated fix?
  3. The steering wheel has no buttons for audio, telephone or cruise control. How big a job would it be to retrofit the controls, and activate this functionality? The car does not have the built in sat nav, it is the base model so has an aftermarket double din headunit which I will be changing to one that outputs in English. I have not changed this yet as whether or not I can wire in the controls back to the steering wheel may dictate on which head units are suitable? I'm guessing the retrofitting of cruise control would be the most difficult of jobs here?

These are my main queries for now. I look forward to getting to know you all in the near future, and I appreciate any advice and help you can provide.

Kind Regards,

Ver.4

Edited by Ver.4