Bagged, Riced and Boosted?

On 06/06/2024 at 11:56, ZaneDylan said:

Next step was to clean up the old and faded headlights - for this I used the Autoglym kit for any who were wondering

IMG_0667.jpg

Was the autoglym any good? I see you replaced them later. 

On 11/06/2024 at 17:20, PKAT said:

Was the autoglym any good? I see you replaced them later. 

It looked great initially but it did become dull and yellowed again within a year - looking back on it - it would've been easier to sand it back and then spray some 2K clear coat on it - I ended up subbing them out anyway for the sleeker look of the DEPOs and to get rid of the orange reflector stripe - hoping to do something a bit more custom in the future

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/06/2024 at 12:00, ZaneDylan said:

My favourite mod even now is the new wheels - OZ Superleggera III - found them surprisingly cheap on FB marketplace and had help refurbing them with Ballistic350

IMG_6782.jpg

Thanks for the shoutout bro. We need to do a full refurb sometime!

• Like 1

On 13/06/2024 at 13:02, ZaneDylan said:

It looked great initially but it did become dull and yellowed again within a year - looking back on it - it would've been easier to sand it back and then spray some 2K clear coat on it - I ended up subbing them out anyway for the sleeker look of the DEPOs and to get rid of the orange reflector stripe - hoping to do something a bit more custom in the future

If you ever have to polish any headlights again, cover them in clear PPF.

Did mine 3 years ago and still crystal except where my PPF came off at the corner 🤣

20240708_091221.jpg

• Like 2

To finish up the wrap I needed to address the rust on the drivers rear arch

First cutting out the plagued section

Cleaning up the metal

Welding in new sheet

Filler to refine the shape and smooth it

Prime

Paint

Clear

Not bad for a DIY job

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

• Like 1

It is with a heavy heart that I'm posting this - on the way home from the rust repair - I aquaplaned into a bank and rolled the car. I've spent 4 years building this car and I can't believe it's gone now. I keep being reminded how lucky I am to have walked away from this alive but it's hard to feel lucky when I've lost something this important to me. I'm constantly reminded it's just a car but to me it was so much more.

Suffice to say this is the end of this build thread.

RIP Purp

(I'd ask that anyone reading this remain respectful and keep any hurtful comments to yourself).

7820E98F-F60D-433D-9E04-112C88656612.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

• Sad 8

2 hours ago, ZaneDylan said:

It is with a heavy heart that I'm posting this - on the way home from the rust repair - I aquaplaned into a bank and rolled the car. I've spent 4 years building this car and I can't believe it's gone now. I keep being reminded how lucky I am to have walked away from this alive but it's hard to feel lucky when I've lost something this important to me. I'm constantly reminded it's just a car but to me it was so much more.

Suffice to say this is the end of this build thread.

RIP Purp

(I'd ask that anyone reading this remain respectful and keep any hurtful comments to yourself).

7820E98F-F60D-433D-9E04-112C88656612.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

You were lucky to survive that