Return of the Kraken

Hodgson

Few pictures of my PCV delete.  I chose to run the pipes over the back of the gearbox rather than round the front of the engine. As I’m going all white under the bonnet I didn’t want oil mist getting everything dirty.  

IMG_7254.jpeg

IMG_7255.jpeg

IMG_7256.jpeg

IMG_7257.jpeg

• Like 1

On 04/07/2024 at 21:34, HEADPHONES said:

2 x 12s :throb:

Along with the sound deadening this must sound EPIC.

Only downside is driving to a club only to arrive and find the music was better IN YOUR CAR:lol:

😂😂😂

On 29/06/2024 at 21:17, shiney bits said:

Bonnet and boot dampers fitted and a GTR start button. IMG_2790.jpeg.5b9a93e8569b6c81fe8cceddf703df7f.jpeg😁

IMG_2395.jpeg

IMG_2246.jpeg

IMG_2786.jpeg

Great work - where do you source the bonnet and boot dampers from? Thanks.

On 07/07/2024 at 20:45, Loadmaster said:

Great work - where do you source the bonnet and boot dampers from? Thanks.

There’s a company on instagram cslled Kanjo spec D.  I ordered them from there.  Came from the states in about 6 days.  Really good bits of kit. 

• Like 1

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a lightweight crank pulley available in the UK? 

Also, aluminum radiators, what’s the go to brand?  

A big of tidying up today and test fitted some of the front of the car.  Couldn’t for the life of me remember where it all went but I think I’ve worked it out.  

I need a crank pulley and a new crank pulley bolt. I was going to go lightweight underdrive but the plan is to supercharge so don’t want to slow the charger rotation with a smaller crank pulley.  

Does anyone have a crank pulley and bolt for sale please? Also need a Mishimoto aluminum rad.  I messaged ZmanAlex but unfortunately he has none in stock only 350z.  

here’s a few pics of his today went.  If anything loos in the wrong place, please shout up 😁

IMG_7333.jpeg

IMG_7336.jpeg

IMG_7340.jpeg

IMG_7341.jpeg

IMG_7345.jpeg

IMG_7347.jpeg

IMG_7348.jpeg

IMG_7349.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started to mock up a remote coolant reservoir.  I got a Greddy kit online for a bit of a steal.  I’ll need to change the fittings but the concept is there.  I’m happy with the location, however, I want to rotate it 90 degrees to help con-seal the pipework.  
I just hate the large ugly OEM coolant tank, at the dying of the engine and want the bay as clear from wires, pipework and ugly stuff as possible. 

I’ve also started a custom oil cooler setup. After removed the OEM oil modine, I’ve fitted a thermostatically controlled sandwich plate.  After a bit of searching I found one with ports for sensors as eventually I want to run an oil pressure sensor.  

I ordered a set of carbon backed Recaro CS seats back in May and they’ve just turned up.  I didn’t want to go with the usual red Nismo seats as I prefer a dark interior and the red just doesn’t do it for me. I’m busy trying to source some base mounts, however, everywhere seems to be out of stock.  Rather than separate sliders and base mounts, I’m thinking to go with a set of Bride runners and be done with it.  

I did consider fitting the OEM seat elements to the Recaro seat.  I stripped the OEM seats down and took the heating elements out, but I couldn’t bring myself to strip down the Recaros 🙈.  I’ve got a couple of 2.2ohm resistors on order for the airbag plugs, but need to work out how to bypass the passenger seat occupancy pressure sensor.

ill get some photos of my progress up soon as soon as I can understand why every time I upload a picture it appears upside down. 

5 hours ago, ShortPaul said:

They look good, hate to think how much 😳

I hated the OEM seats.  Just felt cheap not supportive.  I’ve always loved these seats.  They’ll look the nuts in the zed. Next interior job is I want a nice wheel.  The OEM wheel feels really dated.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Parts arrived on Friday so I had an hour or so to fit done of them.  Low temp thermostat, Alloy Rad, which I’m really impressed with the quality if I’m honest.  They’ve clearly listened to feedback and upped their game.  25 row oil cooler which I’m going to make up my own custom lines.  
I’m also going to put together a fuel return kit but more detail on that to come later.  

I’ve got done bride subframes for my seats on order from Japan but it’s a 4 week wait.  

IMG_7439.jpeg

IMG_7441.jpeg

IMG_7451.jpeg

Edited by shiney bits

The passenger occupancy sensor was a bit of a concern for me with changing to the recaros and on the stock seats I found it a headache as it went off when I put my gym bottle on the seat.  Just decided the cut the sensor out the stock seat and I’ll fix it to the floor under the seat so it’ll always think the seat is empty.  I also removed the heat elements from the OEM seats as I had the crazy idea of pulling the recaro seats apart and fitting them to those.  After removing the pads,  I looked at the recaro seats and bottled it due to the price of them 🙈🙈

IMG_7407.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7406.jpeg

Chopped out the front panel in preparation for the supercharger later in the year.  I want to prep the car as much as I can to make the install smooth.  

I’ve also designed a bracket to mount an oil cooler. I’ve passed this to my fabricator to get made.  Hopefully should be ready tomorrow.  Next stop, custom AN10 oil lines. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...