Council Tax

sl114

If the banding is wrong, they are obliged to change it and reimburse you for overpayments. howver, it works visa versa but I'd be surprised if you were banded higher. Some fella complained cos he found out he was paying more than everyone else on his street, so the council checked it and upped everyone elses :lol:

PMSL :lol:

Not strictly on topic but the council have removed our local recycling bins so I now have a 6 mile drive to recycle, it struck me the other day that somebody may be missing the point, a 12 mile round trip in 3rd gear driving a 3.5 litre V6 to recycle :headhurt:

Guest prescience
Not strictly on topic but the council have removed our local recycling bins so I now have a 6 mile drive to recycle, it struck me the other day that somebody may be missing the point, a 12 mile round trip in 3rd gear driving a 3.5 litre V6 to recycle :headhurt:

You put your household rubbish in the Z :headhurt:

You put your household rubbish in the Z :headhurt:

Well protected and triple wrapped. Only the empty bottles though ;)

I believe that flats/apartments are done on square footage of living space ie they measure the lounge area and the bedroom(s) and calculate it from that so a big one bedroom place will still be the same as a smaller two bed. I moved into my new build a year ago now and had to battle it out with the council and ended up getting my band moved down to....to a C :thumbs:

Good luck with it but not sure it will work as it is done on sq footage not what you would like to pay ;)

It's worth requesting a visit from the local banding office and let them in to show them what you actually have.