Good pub/Hotel guide

martinmac

I travel about quite a lot and have the usual lottery finding pubs and hotels to stay in. Have found some great ones and many not so great. They all look good on the tinternet though.

This one was fantastic and I will be going back.

Dolphin Inn, Kingston, Devon.

http://www.information-britain.co.uk/sh ... e_ID=27161

There are a few more which I will post up.

If you find anywhere worth a mention then post it up with the location clearly mentioned for search purposes. :D

Stayed here twice its that good - the service and food are second to non - its my benchmark for such things and so far never beaten. :thumbs:

The Hotel itself does'nt look much from outside but inside its nice and the second time we went I was worried it was'nt going to be as good as the first trip - but fortunately I was wrong - just excellent friendly service.

They are not cheap but they do deals once in a while - go for the full board option - it actually works out cheaper with the superb cuisine.

http://www.cuillinhills-hotel-skye.co.uk/

Located in Portree its easy to find and the views across the bay are top!

My second recommendation is the Austwick Traddock - via Lancaster in Yorkshire Dales www.austwicktraddock.co.uk

What can I say I celebrated my 40th here - again excellent service , excellent food (smaller portions though) small friendly hotel good location ideal for hiking etc nearby and they just could'nt do enough for us, expensive of course! They will let you take your dog though - which is good as most places wont.

If you go hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did :thumbs:

The place we have booked this weekend turns out to be fantastic.

www.composers-woodlands.co.uk

When we are doing the sightseeing bit Hotels are too restrictive, we often arrive back late and cant get meals so the self catering is the way forward. The apartments are lovely with everything you need. Great welcome and all as advertised.

Woodlands near Berwick upon Tweed, Northumberland. :D