And this encourages respect how?

Chesterfield

Not content with the horesbox idea, we now see the police taking to disguising the regular camera vans as joe public vehicles...

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default ... ryId=17951

This encourages people to have more respct for the law how exactly?

I for one am starting to get a little fed up with how the police/camera partnerships are taking the mick out of the rules just to get more revenue.

Again - can anyone tell me how this van, detecting numberplates on the front of vehicles, slows down motorcycles that account for 50% of fatal accidents on our roads?

:rant::rant: they are taking the p!ss ! :rant:

quite often there are two people manning these, if a bike goes past at speed then the officer facing the opposite direction to the camera will note the registration !

this is what i have read on other forums

revenue, revenue, revenue, revenue, revenue, revenue, :rant::rant::rant:

as jim royle would say " safety - my arse !"

ps. i would welcome this sort of behaviour outside schools and such like but on quiet open roads - bull :angry:

As much as i want Wales to be safe and law abiding, i dont think i could help myself if i saw this on the side of the road. The temptation of 100 of us tieing up two individuals and rolling the ex-builders van in to the under growth would be far to great i feel. :boxing::rant::rant::rant:

THIS IS A MONUMENTAL **** TAKE AND I AM AFRAID BEFORE LONG MY ABOVE STATEMENT WILL BECOME REALITY :rant::rant::rant:

I dont beleive this !!

Every day I drive down the A5117 (which is the way we will be coming in to St Davids park on the Wales run) and every day I see on average 4 Police cars parked up waiting on the bridges near the Industrial estate ?

The North Wales Police seem to be particularly fond of camera vans taking number plate checks - I guess license MOT ,insurance cross checks ? But every day I see 2 or 3 Police cars stopping motorists there - ok if they are driving like muppets fine - if they are driving without tax etc fine - but there seems to be a keeness shall we say - one day I saw 4 cars parked up on the hard shoulder stopped by the Police - am I missing something here? These were'nt chavved up corsa's with bits hanging off they seemed just normal and also the turn off at St.Davids you get yet more patrol vehicles in wait?

Is the A5117 a hotspot for international Drug smuggling or terror activies? Sheep russling? who knows maybe it is but its a bit overkill shall we say? I guess Stuey could shed more light as its his neck of the woods but the way things are going in this country you may as well just hand over your license and turn your car into a garden ornament! :headhurt:

I dont beleive this !!

Every day I drive down the A5117 (which is the way we will be coming in to St Davids park on the Wales run) and every day I see on average 4 Police cars parked up waiting on the bridges near the Industrial estate ?

The North Wales Police seem to be particularly fond of camera vans taking number plate checks - I guess license MOT ,insurance cross checks ? But every day I see 2 or 3 Police cars stopping motorists there - ok if they are driving like muppets fine - if they are driving without tax etc fine - but there seems to be a keeness shall we say - one day I saw 4 cars parked up on the hard shoulder stopped by the Police - am I missing something here? These were'nt chavved up corsa's with bits hanging off they seemed just normal and also the turn off at St.Davids you get yet more patrol vehicles in wait?

Is the A5117 a hotspot for international Drug smuggling or terror activies? Sheep russling? who knows maybe it is but its a bit overkill shall we say? I guess Stuey could shed more light as its his neck of the woods but the way things are going in this country you may as well just hand over your license and turn your car into a garden ornament! :headhurt:

They love that stretch of road - end of the m56 to st davids, they like to park a van near the lights and have cars on the bridge/fly over