advice, opinions - ebay

GIXXERUK

I've spoken to one of the bods that I contract with and as far as he is aware, once a phone has been barred, it is blacklisted from all european networks and there is no easy way to get it removed from the list if at all. If you are thinking of trying to get it unbarred, I'd talk straight to the provider you use and see what they say. I'd say you are not going to be so lucky :(

Basically the bar is applied with the IMEI number, which is like an IP address for your phone. It identifies your phone uniquely and gives the details like model and make and also a unique number. They bar this and unless you change it it wont work again. Changing it is highly illegal from what I understand.

The network will also not give you any details of why the phone was barred. They dont know who the hell you are, so wont give you any info. They probably wont even be able to tell you its barred tbh, call centres probably dont have access to that information.

Bit more info on IMEI and barring: http://www.crimereduction.homeoffice.go ... goods5.htm

Ok Paul. nowhere in my correspondence have I blamed you, I do not blame you at all, and I dont understand why you say its getting messy?. But the situation is this:- If the phone was blocked before I sold it then it is my fault and it is my responsibility to sort it out, but if the phone was blocked after I sold it and through no fault or action of mine then I would not be responsible. Its that which I am trying to find out. All correspondence between us is being logged and copied to eBay and Paypal so they can see I am being as helpfull and quick as possible. You can commit this to a full despute with Paypal if wish but it will just take even longer. So please be patient.

Tony.

this cant be right - if you sell a stolen phone then its ok if its working when you sell it !!

Ok Paul. nowhere in my correspondence have I blamed you, I do not blame you at all, and I dont understand why you say its getting messy?. But the situation is this:- If the phone was blocked before I sold it then it is my fault and it is my responsibility to sort it out, but if the phone was blocked after I sold it and through no fault or action of mine then I would not be responsible. Its that which I am trying to find out. All correspondence between us is being logged and copied to eBay and Paypal so they can see I am being as helpfull and quick as possible. You can commit this to a full despute with Paypal if wish but it will just take even longer. So please be patient.

Tony.

this cant be right - if you sell a stolen phone then its ok if its working when you sell it !!

Put in a claim with paypal, he's had his chance...IMO

Tony.

claim in mate, 20 days to resolve though :surrender:

Tony.

:yawn: does he live near ;)

Tony.

:yawn: does he live near ;)

no - Cookham, Berkshire, United Kingdom - petrol in the zed and i'd be out of pocket :blush:

no - Cookham, Berkshire, United Kingdom - petrol in the zed and i'd be out of pocket :blush:

I'm sure Jay doesnt live a massive distance away from there, sure he can send the boys in :boxing::boxing::boxing:

might be up that way sunday in bracknell if thats any help? :blush:

I'm sure Jay doesnt live a massive distance away from there, sure he can send the boys in :boxing::boxing::boxing:

might be up that way sunday in bracknell if thats any help? :blush:

cheers jay but i havent got an address anyhoo :thumbs:

Dear paul clarke,

This email confirms that your dispute with Tony Rourke is now closed.

Either you have reached a resolution with the seller or the dispute has

been open for more than 20 days.

Thank you,

PayPal

REFUND GIVEN :yahoo::yahoo:

Dear paul clarke,

Thank you,

PayPal

:thumbs:

Dear paul clarke,

Thank you,

PayPal

:thumbs:

+1 :thumbs:

he bought the phone off his stepson, who had bought it off a friend, who had then claimed he had lost it and was supplied with a new one off vodafone after he had sold it (he told me)

he would like me to return the phone so he can send it back to vodafone ( yeah rrrrright )

i suppose this could happen to anyone at anytime after they have bought a phone off ebay if the original owner cliams for another phone or defaults on their contract

a lesson learnt :headhurt:

he bought the phone off his stepson, who had bought it off a friend, who had then claimed he had lost it and was supplied with a new one off vodafone after he had sold it (he told me)

he would like me to return the phone so he can send it back to vodafone ( yeah rrrrright )

i suppose this could happen to anyone at anytime after they have bought a phone off ebay if the original owner cliams for another phone or defaults on their contract

Ask him what address at Vodafone and you'll happily send it there for him. ;)

Ask him what address at Vodafone and you'll happily send it there for him. ;)

Yeah, saves him some postage :lol: