front fog lights

dr123m

there is a hidden switch in the glovebox in front of the passenger seat

sorry couldn't resist, :teeth:

:welcome: to the forum and enjoy, lets see ya Z then

I'll post the sensible answer OK :p

As the car is built in Japan there isn't much need for fog which is why the Z doesn't have them.

And that explains why on the imports they have an aftermarket rear fog lamp as well (on the ones I've seen anyway).

I'll post the sensible answer OK :p

As the car is built in Japan there isn't much need for fog which is why the Z doesn't have them.

And that explains why on the imports they have an aftermarket rear fog lamp as well (on the ones I've seen anyway).

That's not because they don't get fog in Japan - they do! However, it seems that Japanese drivers seem to be able to adjust their speed to take account of reduced visibility without the need for extra lights designed to blind other drivers. I can honestly say that the rear fog light, installed by my importer to meet UK SVA requirements, is the one piece of equipment on the car that I have never used in the two years I have been driving it.

Is this the same for all jap cars then? I was under the impression the xenon headlights were good enough and adding fogs wouldn't make much difference although other cars do have them 'for show' at the front when they're not really necessary.

Is this the same for all jap cars then? I was under the impression the xenon headlights were good enough and adding fogs wouldn't make much difference although other cars do have them 'for show' at the front when they're not really necessary.

I'd agree with Nixy. Xenon's are great lights and on the 07 they're even better being bi-xenon. Some Jap car's do have fog lights. Depends on the car obviously. A lot of new cars that have similar lights to the Z have spots on the front instead of fogs because they look good and are used as DRL's.

Over a car's life time fog lights move same as the head light alignment changes. The only difference is nobody ever checks and repositions them so they end up pointing too high. They should be angled at the ground.

Just use my rear fog to flash it at the idiots that drive around with them on when not needed.... on certain cars it looks like they are breaking.... Flick the fog and then give them a blast of the LEDs!!

:lol: +1!!

You don't NEED front foglights, unless you are desparate to try and make a car that is rubbish look good, by blinding other people!

Welcome to the site. :thumbs: