New Leather Passenger Seat Base Cover

Neil

Guys,

Got to tell you this...I cannot believe it !

The baggage handlers at Heathrow broke a foot off my case recently which left the screws sticking out. As I could not get the case in the boot (unfortunatley it is not 2 golf bags!), I had to put the case on the passenger seat.

I arrived home in the dark and took my case out of the car.

The next day I saw that I had ripped the Leather on the base cover (the bit you sit on) with the screws.

I have just called the Nissan dealer for a price.........£1,097.32 :wacko: This is just for the base cover, not the whole seat.

I am shocked and stunned !

Neil

just found his thread and the handy info

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... =precision

Tried them already Mike, thank you..

They cannot look at it until August although they want £2,000 for both seats.

I'll show you (martinmac) on Sunday. Why arn't you going Mike?

Thanks for the sympathy, by the way - It's no good, I cannot take it anymore...where's that rope !

Neil

just found his thread and the handy info

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... =precision

Tried them already Mike, thank you..

They cannot look at it until August although they want £2,000 for both seats.

I'll show you (martinmac) on Sunday. Why arn't you going Mike?

Thanks for the sympathy, by the way - It's no good, I cannot take it anymore...where's that rope !

Neil

£2000 for two seats :scare: never !!!! it cant have quadrupled in price in 12 months :surrender:

Maybe they did Lomotos and worked out how hard it was!

Presuming sheepskin or wooden bead covers aren't your cup of tea, why not try a repair? Sometimes repairs can be invisible if the tears aren't too bad.

It's probably a horrible sight but have you got a piccy of the rips?

Neil

Really sorry about the seat - you say its just the seat base??

In a previous life I used to be a coach trimmer (i.e use to fit out interiors of car and vans - upholstery etc etc ) a standard leather hide - single piece usully costs £100 each - so all the other cost is just labour - i.e stripping down seat , remaking etc etc etc - is there any chance you can show a picture of it in the meantime so we can see how bad it is??

You would be surprised how much can be patch repaired instead of a full recover? Good thing about the Nissan seats (ha did I say good?) is that they are styled in a contoured shape etc so if its just damage in one section - you can either repair that bit or sew in a replacement patch just repairing that section not the whole seat - cost is less and its quicker - a good coachtrimmer will do this so well you will not notice that it was ever replaced - trouble is I have been out of the game for so long I dont know any good ones anymore - I still have a good supplier though of materials in Manchester? PM me if you have any questions I may be able to advise? But pictures please??

:thumbs:

Hope this helps?

Stan