What 350's have HR engine?

Daniel Morgan

Hey guys,  I'm looking to buy a 350z sometime next year. I've looked around and decided I'd like to get one with the HR engine, however, I'm unsure as to what models came with this engine. I've read that all 350's past 2007 came with the HR engine. But I've also seen 350z HR's with the bonnet bulge. Are they just some sort of special edition or were they the only ones with the HR engine? 

Thanks for any advise in advance.

Edited by Daniel Morgan

HR’s were the 2nd upgrade of the 350Z as first was the DE and then the DE rev up. HR’s were available from 2007 like you said and all had the bulge bonnet to allow for the upgraded/higher engine. Don’t go by the bonnet though as many people have replaced the DE bonnet for the HR, myself included  :teeth:  The best way to tell is by looking at the engine as the HR will have twin air intakes as supposed to the DE having one. Also watch out for late registered DE’s as you can get some 2007 + cars aswell. :thumbs:

Edited by SHEZZA

• 3 weeks later...