Mmmm that's some good sitting

ukdavew

Went along to my nearest Nissan dealer to have a squint at their Zeds over the weekend. Primarily I wanted to eyeball the ground clearance and see what sort of challenge I was setting myself up for. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised, I still think there's bugger all chance it'll fit on without work but it doesn't seem impossible.

They had an 04 plate GT in blue which I had my first sit in. Having sat in the S2000 before I was expecting quite a cramped environment but I was pleasantly surprised to find the seat extremely comfortable and feeling plenty of room around me. Also the boot was much bigger than I'd heard tale of, ok it's obstructed but there's loads of space back there.

Anyway it's just made me want one more now :) and I think the GT spec or equivalent is the one for me. This one was up for £17999 with about 27k on the clock, so it's a good few grand out of my budget.

The guy also mentioned that Wessex don't deal with imports at all, won't supply or service them. Does anyone know if this is true? Or just a salesman trying to push the reason for buying a UK car? I doubt his word somewhat as he was telling me how difficult it is to get parts for the JDM cars *cough*.

Think you may have had a nice introduction to Nissan dealers ;) Parts for the import are not a problem, you wont be buying anything from the dealer anyway, not at their prices. As for servicing, if its not a warranty issue then there are plenty of very good independants out there that I would prefer anyway.

Wessex aren't a great bunch IMO. I've had my problems with them, although my car wasn't purchased from them or an import.

I would be surprised if they wouldn't service an import, I've never had trouble booking mine in (long waiting times) so I'm guessing they are never overloaded with work.

For a car like this I personally would never buy from a dealer. Zeds aren't that dodgy to need a really good warranty (outside of the normal 3 years) from a dealer when purchased. Do your homework and buy private. :thumbs:

I'm obviously in Bristol too, so if you ever want anything else, just drop me a PM. :)

Wessex aren't a great bunch IMO. I've had my problems with them, although my car wasn't purchased from them or an import.

I would be surprised if they wouldn't service an import, I've never had trouble booking mine in (long waiting times) so I'm guessing they are never overloaded with work.

For a car like this I personally would never buy from a dealer. Zeds aren't that dodgy to need a really good warranty (outside of the normal 3 years) from a dealer when purchased. Do your homework and buy private. :thumbs:

I'm obviously in Bristol too, so if you ever want anything else, just drop me a PM. :)

I may take you up on that at some point soon when I'm looking for someone to try fitting a zed on my adjusted driveway (I'll pay for services rendered in the currency of super unleaded)

I may take you up on that at some point soon when I'm looking for someone to try fitting a zed on my adjusted driveway (I'll pay for services rendered in the currency of super unleaded)

No problem, although mine is lowered slightly with the Nismo kit and isn't a completely fair example. But perhaps that's similar to any car you're looking for. :D

No problem, although mine is lowered slightly with the Nismo kit and isn't a completely fair example. But perhaps that's similar to any car you're looking for. :D

Nismo kit'd car is no lower than a standard zed. Just looks like it is ;)

Doesn't the front lip stick out a bit more though? If ukdavew has a sloping drive then that might be a problem?

But you're right though, I've never really checked to see if the Nismo kit actually changes the overall dimensions of the car. :thumbs: I suppose the most likely part that would change would be the side skirts?

Doesn't the front lip stick out a bit more though? If ukdavew has a sloping drive then that might be a problem?

But you're right though, I've never really checked to see if the Nismo kit actually changes the overall dimensions of the car. :thumbs: I suppose the most likely part that would change would be the side skirts?

My drive slops downwards as you look at it from the road and has a drop kerb etc, so what is key is the clearance between the wheels rather than the clearance at the front & rear.

My mate's got a JDM RX-7 which is supposed to be slightly lower than a Zed that we're gonna try sticking on the drive before we go up to Donnington at the weekend.