MOT

xStric9x

Car is due for an mot in the next couple of months, and i was wondering if anybody knew of any garages in the NW that use that gadget thing instead of the rolling road as i don't fancy shelling out for new driveshafts :thumbs:

Got my first m.o.t in May :thumbs:

Its because of the LSD. It cant be brake tested on a rolling road like a normal car would.

It actually says on the paper at the test that it is not to be tested on a RR & ASFAIK all MOT stations have the facility to do it :)

im not fully understanding about this!!! give us a call tommorrow tim to explain :lol:

nothing to explain , LSD dont like rolling road type brake tester's , it winds up the diff...best type is the plate testers some MOT stations have , you just drive on to a large plate and hit the brakes and it works out the efficiency without damaging the diff.. :) to be honest though I know of large numbers of people who have had their LSD equiped cars tested on the rolling road type tester and have not suffered any ill effects