deal on brake pads

Stew

I will need new pads soon. I noticed I had a £25 voucher from ebay so I bought these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-FRONT-REAR-EBC-REDSTUFF-BRAKE-PADS-350-Z_W0QQitemZ150226695403QQihZ005QQcategoryZ23013QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Works out at £75 delivered for front and rear! B)

If others have a voucher could be worth a bung. And the seller just offered to upgrade my postage for free! :thumbs:

I posted that before..... not there now. Weird.

I said traders can do it at that price but with the voucher it is a very good deal!

Edited: I also said in my disappearing post that these are generally regarded as a good alternative to OEM, better performance etc. They are maybe not as good as ferrodo however they sometimes squeel but the EBCs don't.

Oh, yes. Other members have these fitted. Some have them on their workbenches (not lloking at anyone in particular Chris! :p )

I posted that before..... not there now. Weird.

I said traders can do it at that price but with the voucher it is a very good deal!

Edited: I also said in my disappearing post that these are generally regarded as a good alternative to OEM, better performance etc. They are maybe not as good as ferrodo however they sometimes squeel but the EBCs don't.

Oh, yes. Other members have these fitted. Some have them on their workbenches (not lloking at anyone in particular Chris! :p )

I have said it before and will say it again FERODO's DON'T SQUEEL, only if not fitted correctly and not bedded correctly.

Performance Friction for example are renowned for being a very quiet pad in operation, on saturday we had a car in which had just had these pads ftted elswhere and screeching like you would not believe, down to not been bedded in and again not fitted correctly.

same price as ours £99 delivered

Ah, you didn't include them in the PM you sent me the other day. I'll probably order some of these off you Phil. I'll get in touch soon I promise ;)

I didn't include them as although we sell a lot of them I still cannot class them as a good performing pad.

We had a member in last week who has always defended the yellowstuff pads until we showed him the state of his discs and pads the inner front pad had welded itself to the piston.

I know I am going to get shot down on this one but we tell it as it is because we believe it is important to inform customers of exactly what they are buying, not the first time I have said this anyway.

Ah, you didn't include them in the PM you sent me the other day. I'll probably order some of these off you Phil. I'll get in touch soon I promise ;)

I didn't include them as although we sell a lot of them I still cannot class them as a good performing pad.

We had a member in last week who has always defended the yellowstuff pads until we showed him the state of his discs and pads the inner front pad had welded itself to the piston.

I know I am going to get shot down on this one but we tell it as it is because we believe it is important to inform customers of exactly what they are buying, not the first time I have said this anyway.

Thats OK. I understand and I did ask for your recommendation. I just know the Redstuff pads are enjoyed by a number of other members and they are almost half the price of some of the other pads you quoted me. I'm also worried I'll end up with squeelers too!

Thats OK. I understand and I did ask for your recommendation. I just know the Redstuff pads are enjoyed by a number of other members and they are almost half the price of some of the other pads you quoted me. I'm also worried I'll end up with squeelers too!

OK gonna really put my neck on the line here.

I read post after post about people wanting more performance, craving that extra edge from the car and yet prepared to skimp on one item that can really aid driving performance. For the sake of a little extra surely piece of mind is all important when it comes to brakes.

On average you wil change pads once a year on average mileage so Ferodo over restuff will cost you about £1.30 per week more, in the grand sceme of things this is nothing.

EBC pads are cheap for a reason and again you get what you pay for, ask any serious performance company on their views of EBC pads and I am confident you will get the same responce.

So you may ask why are they so popular on the likes of Ebay etc, one simple reason and thats the margin you get as a seller from EBC

anyone want a brand new set of EBC Redstuff front for Brembo calipers for £30 ?? I bought these in error sometime ago (mines a non Brembo)

Can take to Wales run if you dont want to pay popstage as they are quite heavy items (ps I have the Redstuff pads fitted to my car and found them way way better than the standard Nissan items :) )