Window stuck in raised position.

Zeezeebaba

I went out to the car today and the drivers window failed to drop, nothing when trying to open on the switch either. 

Armed with the necessary tools I removed the door panel and tried the reset button, nothing.

On closer inspection the window was sitting higher than it should which was odd. 

It had pushed the rubber by the mirror up and cracked it slightly.

Using a little force and a tap of the motor it started working again. Now last night our dog had a barking fit and I'm thinking someone had interfered with the window maybe trying to force it.

After another reset it's now working fine again but being paranoid I'm thinking this may be a precursor to motor problems. 

It's been fine today but my question is this: I'm assuming there is a sensor somewhere that stops the window closing on an obstruction, where is this located please?

A small black self tapper fell out when I removed the door card and it's not the one located in the hand pull switch unit, I couldn't find anywhere for it to go.

I also think placing the motor on the removable inner bolted panel is a rubbish design :)