Dashcams - Duo or ?

MikeyM

Been looking at the Nextbase Duo.. is it worth having the front and rear ?

I'm disappointed it's a poor quality at just 720..not great at night I suspect.

Anyone got one or have a better recommendation?

my wife's got one in her Z4 works really well good picture quality in fact I'm just going outside now to hardwire it in. not actually seen it in the dark to be honest

:)

Edited by andybp

my wife's got one in her Z4 works really well good picture quality in fact I'm just going outside no to hardwire it in. not actually seen it in the dark to be honest

:)

Every write up has said it's quiet grainy image in the dark and the halo etc from car lights effect it a lot, which is a real shame.

Edited by MikeyM

I think it's difficult to get that good quality at night as simple things like how clean your windscreen is have an effect, esp on on coming glare. But at night it still has enough detail to pick out the important bit, numberplate, distance, lights working etc. In situations where you can get sideswiped, there is enough light from other traffic to cut out the halo. Its not the kind of quality you'd see on tv or go pro quality, but for what their purpose is its fine.

Edited by Jay84
  • Like 1