Depressed!!! Why do the weekends fly past so quickly?

stanski

First weekend in ages I have not had to work? Friday I actually got out on time and it took me just 1 hour 10mins to get home (from Wales) which is a first in ages - Friday night was excellent nice and relaxed wind down for weekend.

Decided to have the weekend off - no work on house, no car washing no shopping no nowt! Just chill - well I must have missed something because its Sunday evening and all I can think about is work tomorrow - already?

Where did Saturday and Sunday go?? :unsure::help:

Did it fall down the back of the sofa maybe and I did'nt see it? :headhurt:

Stan

There will be another one along soon

Aye your right I have to play mind games like I used to when I worked shifts- on Monday morning just say only 4 days left to the weekend - Tuesday only 3 days left etc etc ..it does work :wacko:

Friday is weekend start official!! :D

I'm glad Sunday's nearly over so I can get back to work for some rest :teeth:

tell me about it

just spent 13 hours today, laying new flooring in my livingroom whilst also helping the missus transfering her marine set up to a larger tank.

frinken going to work is easier :headhurt:

Paul

i've been the same paul :lol:

worked til half 9 friday night, saturday away getting painting supplies, serviced a focus, tidied garage a bit, started stripping mates s13, then all day sunday been working on the s13 removing @*!# matt black paint and getting panels ready for primer, just in the door :headhurt: cant wait to be up at 5am for work!

I've been working all weekend! Up at 5.10am and go to work to start at 7. Usually arrive at 6.30 and finish about 7pm.

My weekend starts this evening for 7 days! :teeth:

However like everyone else I do more work when I'm off. Being my brickies labourer tomorrow doing some house mods ready for new windows on Thursday and Friday.....:yawn:

7 on 7 off 12 hours for me. Just started this though.

Used to get a call and go somewhere for up to 6 weeks working as many hours as required. Then come back sometimes only to be told to go somewhere else the next day.

Worst thing was when I came home my boss wouldn't give me time off so I was in the office all the time too! Nightmare!

I used to work shifts also - 12 hour days and nights - 3 on 2 off 4 on 2 off etc then every month I got 8 days off - which was a mini holiday - but I cant hack nights anymore so had to give it up!

Now its 7:30 - 16:00 (yeah right!) but at least you can plan your life a bit better - trouble with shifts is when your off mid week your mates are working! :wacko:

Trouble with weekends is you try to cram so much in you dont get a rest do you? When you do take a weekend off from everything you feel guilty because you feel you should be getting on with something? :dry:

Incidentally I did check the back of the sofa this morning and no I did'nt see Saturday stuffed there next to the 20pence piece? :headhurt:

I work four on four off (12 hours). I would hate to work Mon to Fri and just have two days off for the weekend :headhurt::thumbs:

I would much rather do that. Blink and the weekend's over. I love having mondays off work - it makes sundays so much nicer!

BUT I get to drive from Newcastle to Margate today some some serious bum-numbing cruising on the A1 is in order

Enjoy but watch out for the Lorries and speed cameras!

;)

Its a dog revising for work stuff I know but think about the junk you can write on your CV afterwards - if they wanna pay for it - make the most of it - most companies dont giv a stuff do they! :dry: