Main front indicator bulb change

macca

Just thought everyone would like a quick giggle at my expense....

Bought 4 of the silver capped indicator bulbs and decided to fit them today. Rear ones took me maybe 15 to 20 minutes to fit, couldn't be much simpler than it is. Front ones however, could have been alot easier than I made it. After spending 15 minutes working out if there was a way to do it without removing the front bumper and taking the headlight out, I discovered there's a small opening where you can actually reach the front indicator, but not the main headlight bulb, bonus I thought. Twisted the lamp holder out of the main housing and with a bit of fiddling I managed to get it out in the open and pull the lamp out and put my new one in, lowered it back into the unit and voila, finished. Not quite. Mum in the garden at the time says, "have you tried it?" "no" I replied. Great that your mum can tell you something you ought to do with your car that you haven't thought about doing isn't it? :dry: So anyway, flick the indicator on, and look at the side repeater on the way round and it's flashing twice as fast, front not flashing at all. Great. I unscrew the lamp holder to realise I haven't pushed the wedge all the way into the lamp holder. While trying to pull the lamp holder out gently the bulb falls out and rolls right into the bottom of the main light housing. Crap. So to cut an even longer story short, I had to remove the whole front bumper, take the light housing completely off the car and drop the bulb back through the hole it sits in adding god knows how long to what could have been a short process :dry: The irony of all this? I'm an electrician by trade and couldn't even fit a bulb :surrender:

Macca

Almost the same as me mate first time I changed all my bulbs... jacked up, removed wheel, removed arch cover, changed bulbs, replaced arch cover, put wheel back on, jacked down....

Only to find the Grey cap that covers the main lights on my tool kit.... jack out wheel off... Worse still I did the same on the other side!!

Need to change indicator bulb again now, phillips one has only lasted 4 months... not happy, I cant indicate that much... can I...

You can change the front indicator bulb by just lifting the bonnet and accessing it from that way. Even I did it with my cabbage hands :teeth:

Me too!

Next time though I'll get my niece to do it! 4 year olds hand should be great for putting in new bulbs in the space there is!

You can change the front indicator bulb by just lifting the bonnet and accessing it from that way. Even I did it with my cabbage hands :teeth:

I did mine that way but i did take the top bolt out of the headlight, that way you can ease that headlight up slightly to give better access :thumbs:

I did mine that way but i did take the top bolt out of the headlight, that way you can ease that headlight up slightly to give better access :thumbs:

+1 :thumbs: