Major door troubles.

aj_3fifty

I've been a regular user of this forum but have only today encountered a problem I could not solve with a quick search. So Hello everyone, I'm now a registered user.

My troubles started yesterday when I opened my drivers side door got in and it wouldn't shut. The latch In the door was stuck in the locked position and took some time to get open with a butter knife, but then of course I stupidly shut it and now it's locked shut.

Central locking all works, drivers door is fine and is how I have climbed in to the car now. I am currently trying to remove the interior panel which is proving very difficult with the door shut.

I have done a search and tried a few things but unfortunately my window motor is also dead so I can't roll my window down which I think is giving me more trouble getting access.

The door handle on the outside now feels loose and disconnected which led me to think the connection to the rod has snapped however would this effect the inerior handle too, or is it more likely a problem with the door latch?

Thanks in advance any help is appreciated.