Jockland Hoon! Scottish drive out 7th September

Stew

Which month for the first Jockland Hoon?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which month for the first Jockland Hoon?

• July
    • August
    • September

I do have a shorter route planned but wanted to give you that option first. I'm doing the 180 mile one as a 'test' sometime soon. :teeth::teeth:

The extended version is up to 430 miles! :lol:

I'll let the masses decide later!

I hope there's at least one fuel stop on that one!! :lol:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a shorter route planned but wanted to give you that option first. I'm doing the 180 mile one as a 'test' sometime soon. :teeth::teeth:

The extended version is up to 430 miles! :lol:

I'll let the masses decide later!

Would say the 180 with a break would be fine bud. The likes of Zedrush have to find Scotland first so the total BP/Shell bill becomes an issue.

Also remember some of the southern members wont be used to so far without trafic light stops for grooming :lol:

I'd honestly be surprised if we saw any traffic lights!

If people are keen on doing the 180 then it's good for me! Don't worry, I have the fuel stops!

B)

It's a big drive but we'll have loads of daylight and plenty of time!

I think i'll have to pass on this run out as by the time i've driven up there, done the run and back again, it will be over 1000 miles! :headhurt:

Won't hurt your head mate but your wallet will be on the thin side by the time you get back, (Oh, unless you're thinking of the morning after knowing them Jocks ;) )

But then all the more reason to go - great roads to really let the ZED have its head, unlike the M25 car park :dry:

That's a great route, Stew, especially if its fine weather. The Bealach na Ba (pass of the cattle) over to Applecross is a superb run in the summer. :thumbs:

It's not so much fun if it's p***ing it down, though, and that might take a good bit longer.

Last time I was in the Applecross area (and before anybody says anything, it was nearly 30 years ago) there was no road north of Applecross. If you wanted to get from there to Cuaig you had to go by boat or all the way back and round through Shieldaig. There was track of sorts but I think only Land Rovers used it at that time.

Well you HAVE to come then Jim. - see the progress You have to keep the Scots numbers up too!

You'll maybe have to pm some of the Scots members to stir up more interest. Gus and Chris (Funkystyling) used to be regulars on here but they haven't posted much recently, so they may not have seen this thread.

Just had a look at the member's map - it's surprising how many regulars have not added themselves to it.

There are a fair number in Scotland. There's George near you in Aberdeen, Roy in Arbroath, Chiz in Dundee, Burgershot in Haddington, Gus in Edinburgh, Alex in Livingston, DerekZR in Whitburn, kopaloadofthis_z_ in Shotts, Vern in Falkirk, Walt Black in Alloa, Craig in Glasgow, Revsport in Paisley, Mack in Kilmarnock, Paul in Saltcoats, Mr Santiago in Greenock and Mordax in Portree.

That's only the ones shown on the map - there are a fair few other members on the list.

George definately sold the Zed. He is all familied up now. Did by an R33 GTR for his family car then sold that. Haven't seen him in ages, not sure what he's driving!

Gus is Mod on the other side so doesn't come over much. Where is DerekZR and revsport these days?

Plenty time to drum up business, lets get the annual Wales meet complete first!

As long as we have a few definates, hell I'll go myself! :teeth: