Intermittent convertible

Rswheelnut

2007 convertible, sometimes (most times) the roof doesn't want to fold. Doesn't even try.

Then suddenly it works and hey presto up and down fine.

Then again nothing.

Currently stuck halfway as I stopped it at this point for general oiling of the parts.

No clicks or even trying when it doesn't want to work. Doesn't do anything with windows or move passenger seat like it should before roof movement.

When open/close doors the windows do have the drop, but I'll say that they only move a tiny amount, couple mm

Have done the windows resets using the switches, makes no difference.

Is it the windows?

Is it the switch?

Is it to do with passenger seat?

Is it something else like a control module

I think all the motors etc fine because when it does(did) spring into life all is well...

this is interesting,can you send me instructions for window reset, my soft top has done the sticking halfway thing, but I dont have that problem now , all I done was spray the workings with wd 40 and any time it is a decent day, even through out winter I open up my roof. :D

The roof is very temperamental to changes in temperature and it is recommended not to use it if it is very cold. However this usually results in the roof not fully closing / opening. In your case with the roof not moving at all it suggests an issue with one of the motors.

Hi and welcome along

Tip number one

Don't operate the hood in the cold.....I think the handbook recommends not below 8 degrees.

Tip number 2

If you do want the top down in the winter. Get the engine running and turn the heater on full blast for 10 mins or so

Tip number 3

Only open or close the hood when the engine is running. It takes a hefty amount of power to operate

Tip number 4

I think the sliders on the 5th bow could do with a good lube with Nissan window mechanism grease

Finally. Never try and force it by hand!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've fiddled a bit today and I'm going to start with replacing the window motors. They seem a bit tired as is common, and I think if the car can't move or recognise the position/move of windows first it doesn't do anything.

I'll get new motors in couple days hopefully, fit and set the top and bottom stops by pressing and holding button down 15 seconds then up 15 seconds and go from there.

After that I think check passenger seat connections.

After that I'm wondering if it could be body control module or something along those lines...???

I still don't think it's the actual roof itself and it doesn't even try or make any noises.

2007 convertible, sometimes (most times) the roof doesn't want to fold. Doesn't even try.

Then suddenly it works and hey presto up and down fine.

Then again nothing.

Currently stuck halfway as I stopped it at this point for general oiling of the parts.

No clicks or even trying when it doesn't want to work. Doesn't do anything with windows or move passenger seat like it should before roof movement.

When open/close doors the windows do have the drop, but I'll say that they only move a tiny amount, couple mm

Have done the windows resets using the switches, makes no difference.

Is it the windows?

Is it the switch?

Is it to do with passenger seat?

Is it something else like a control module

I think all the motors etc fine because when it does(did) spring into life all is well...

Doesn't sound like the usual problem. First off is the dashboard warning light coming on when you press the button ? Also, make sure you stand on the brake pedal before you operate the switch and not after. Another thing is to make sure that the closing procedure has completed its cycle before you try opening it again, Make sure the engine is running too, I'm not sure it'll actually work if it isn't running.

Pete