Nismo R-tune cold air intake...?

sonny

I have come across this on the net, im very tempted, just wondering if anyone has any experience of this or if anyone has it?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... 6576-RNZ35

Whats the difference between S tune and R tune? it says at the bottom of the page:

Engineered for the hard-core enthusiast or weekend racer (off-road use). Street "civility" is compromised for maximum performance

Does this mean its not suitable for everyday use!?

Basically what they're saying is that if you fit this to your car and something happens to the engine because of it, then Nissan won't honour the warranty. IRL that's never going to happen as they've got to prove it was the direct cause of any engine damage, which (barring hydrolocking) is never going to happen. S-tune means that Nissan will honour any warranty if it's on there, R-tune means they won't (or will try and wriggle out of it). Obviously if anything did go wrong you'd put the stock airbox back on before taking it to the stealers. ;)

Looks very nice, but I can't imagine it's any better/worse than all the other kits out there.

I have come across this on the net, im very tempted, just wondering if anyone has any experience of this or if anyone has it?

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... 6576-RNZ35

Whats the difference between S tune and R tune? it says at the bottom of the page:

Engineered for the hard-core enthusiast or weekend racer (off-road use). Street "civility" is compromised for maximum performance

Does this mean its not suitable for everyday use!?

I didnt know they did S and R tune versions of this. Wouldnt make any difference in the UK as Nismo engine parts are treated the same as any other aftermarket items.

The CAI is made by AEM and rebadged as a Nismo and you get charged more!! As Sonny says, most CAI's are the same!

There is an S version of this?? I have not come across this any where? anyone have a link?? thanks!

I dont think there is an S-Tune version, your first post asked what the difference was!!

S-tune is Nissans Street / On Road kit, ie use it on the track and we wont warantee it, R-Tune is use it on the track but not meant for the street for all sorts of reasons!

In their words:

S-tune components are engineered for the enthusiast that drives on the street, which accounts for over 80% of all sport compact owners. S-tune components offer credible, measured increases in horsepower and road holding, but with an additional feature that the aftermarket can’t match–each S-tune component is covered by Nissan Parts and Accessory Limited Warranty–up to 36 months/36,000 miles if installed at time of vehicle sale (like any other Genuine Nissan part or accessory).

Warranty Coverage S-tune: All NISMO S-tune components are covered by the Nissan Parts and Accessories Limited Warranty.

R-Tune in their words

R-tune is for the hard-core enthusiast or weekend racer. Street “civilityâ€

Oh ok, thanks for that 3FIDDY, how can the R tune nismo cold air intake not be used for everday use?? surely its just and induction kit? how can it be that different that its not suitable for street use? i dont take my car on track days but would like to know if this would be suitable for everday use without messing up my car lol? my car is 4 years old so the warranty has run out so this would not be an issue for me right?? thanks.

Oh ok, thanks for that 3FIDDY, how can the R tune nismo cold air intake not be used for everday use?? surely its just and induction kit? how can it be that different that its not suitable for street use? i dont take my car on track days but would like to know if this would be suitable for everday use without messing up my car lol? my car is 4 years old so the warranty has run out so this would not be an issue for me right?? thanks.

No reason you cant use it every day, it should have the necessary Hydrolock prevention features. I think cause the 350 comes with a panel filter this is seen as a "Racing" part. It also increases noise and as our oriental cousins have some strict noise laws then this could be another reason.

I know a few people have them on this and the other forum, and havnt heard of a problem. I went for a K&N Typhoon as have a few others, lots have gone for JWT Pop Charger with new tube, some have gone for AEM ones. They all do the same thing.

I belive that now you are out of warranty then it wont be a problem, but as is normal, your car, your choice, your risk!

Very sorry for all of the questions guys, I was just wondering, will this fit the UK spec model?? The filter goes down towards the bumper and our UK models have the headlamp washers around that area? 3FIDDYZ, could you put me in touch with anyone that has this part installed on their car? do you know whether they have UK spec cars? thanks again!