Renault Megane GT Sport 😮

Erni902

Yes but they sound like most other modern 2lt turbo, where as the VQ sounds amazing

Definitely agree with you there. :thumbs:

I really like my current car the S3 but it sounds absolutely rubbish when compared to my old Zed.

Yeah I realy struggle with sound of most of these new hatches as good as they are

They all seem so hollow and all do that farty pop pop thing lol

One of the most popular & highly rated exhausts you can buy for the S3 is the BCS Powervalve exhaust system. On the Audi forum they all bang on about it but I just think it sounds rubbish... :thumbdown::lol:

Happy with how my car goes as it is definitely quick but it's going to need a V-block with a lot more cylinders if it's ever going to sound good imo. ;)

I don't think that sounds bad it's the farty pop thing I'm not convinced about they all do at the moment!I cant help thinking it's fad and a bit false

The VQ can sound nice, but it really needs a very specific combination. There was one guy on here who achieved nirvana for me, can't remember who it was but he had a dark blue HR coupe, came to the Grasshopper meet a few years back and I've never heard a Zed sound so good in all my life. Most 350 exhausts just sound LOUD, and whilst that's definitely fun and entertaining I don't think I'd call them aurally aesthetic.

As far as four pots go, I quite like a K-series with some lumpy cams. Gives it personality.

ITBs sound fantastic on smaller engines, the ITB route on the VXs was pretty pricey but god its sounds good - first thing that pops up on youtube with vx220 and itb

• Like 1

I drove a VX on ITBs at Bedford once! I happened to bump into a fellow owner who'd never driven a VXR so we simply swapped keys and off we went! Stunning, stunning noise.

ITBs on anything ftw though. I'd love a set on the Bummer...

• Like 1

I drove a VX on ITBs at Bedford once! I happened to bump into a fellow owner who'd never driven a VXR so we simply swapped keys and off we went! Stunning, stunning noise.

ITBs on anything ftw though. I'd love a set on the Bummer...

Yep I concur on that Dan.

Can't say I've ever heard anything running ITB's that didn't sound good on WOT. ;)

• Like 1