Help Fitting a BGW...

GizmoGold

Firstly, don't judge me! :teeth:

I started fitting it this weekend and had issues getting the brackets to sit flush with the boot (I think it's the same as Steve's one, well the brackets are the same). Whats the best way to mount it to the boot.

Do I need to use an L bracket on both sides of each leg, or will one bracket each side be enough? I think Steve only use the inside bracket (from pics I've looked at).

If I use both brackets then the outside one doesn't touch the boot =/ how did people resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Update: Spoken with Steve and I'm going to go the same route he did with a single bracket. Going to try and avoid bowing the outer shell, so fingers crossed!

Edited by GizmoGold

Can you bend the brackets to the desired angle? Or can you sand/file down the base so it matches the shape of the boot? Still have mine in the attic but the latter is how I plan to mount mine.... when I get round to it.

From what I remember most of the outside bracket was 10-15mm from the body, so I don't think bending it would work/look good.

I did the amazing trick of drilling the holes before being definitely sure how I was going to bolt the bracket down and found out that I didn't had a tool to cut out an opening large for the washers on the underneath :teeth: So I now have some pretty bits of electrical tape on the boot!

If I need to use a bracket on both sides, I may get some rubber and shape it to fill the gap underneath. But that's worst case.