Bootbuild almost finished. 56k....sorry

Andy

Any suggestions on locations for them all then? I feel like i'm going to fall at the final hurdle now and screw it all up with the locations and mounting of the speakers!!!

I'll look into the alcantara I think, I love the way you did your Volvo :thumbs: Can't hurt to have a look!

Whereabouts are you based? Can pm if you prefer not to have it on an open forum! :)

Careful of H5 stalking girlfriend, you will spot her a mile off, she stews rabbits for fun :lol:

:lol::boxing:

Gut answer is mid bass in the door, mid range on the dash, tweeter up the a pillar...... But, that may not be practical. So we can take a look. You won't screw it up, but it would be best if you made the most of your equipment. You have PM with my number. :thumbs:

Cheers mate, will check my calendar and be in touch later if that's cool. :thumbs:

Really appreciate the help :thumbs:

No worries, let me know and I will do the same. :thumbs:

And you haven't heard it after I've had a go setting it up yet!! :lol:;)

I've got the 2 way earlier utopias in mine and I do really like them. I was going looking at going for the 3 way and there was space IMO to make some nice dash mounts for the mids and put the tweets either in the standard location or a-pillers. Best thing to do is get some blue-tac and try it out in each position for a day or so and see how it sounds.

very nice job if you strip leather back to the frame and use a fine filler and get an orbital sander and use a lot of elbow grease you could have it sprayed the same colour as the car would look sweet ,going to do an install on my z reckon i can get 2 subs behind seats without having to chop car about to much if you want to up the bass go get a phoenix gold bass cube fitted give you better sound from your subs trust me you will be amazed.

very nice job if you strip leather back to the frame and use a fine filler and get an orbital sander and use a lot of elbow grease you could have it sprayed the same colour as the car would look sweet ,going to do an install on my z reckon i can get 2 subs behind seats without having to chop car about to much if you want to up the bass go get a phoenix gold bass cube fitted give you better sound from your subs trust me you will be amazed.

:welcome: mate

I used to have a Bass Cube but have now got the AudioControl Epicenter ;)

thanks:teeth: nice bit of kit gives you a bit more control than bass cube plus you get more info and you get to have more pretty lights on display havent used one yet is the sound as good as bass cube,i had jl audio 3ways components in front of last car with jl2 comp in rear 2 15"jl w3 d2 subbs in boot pro line drivers with bass cube directed2400d and and directed 4way amp for component speakers want to go louder in z if i can make enough speakers fit in it

You have to be a bit more creative in the Z but the space is there if you look hard enough. Now i've done the install, I wish I had done it differently and used the space in other ways so I may finish building my door builds then redo the boot...we'll see I guess! :)

As far as the Epicenter goes, I love it. Would highly recommend it and they aren't silly money for the product you get either. Sounds like your last car was a pretty sweet setup, have you got any pics?

thanks:teeth: nice bit of kit gives you a bit more control than bass cube plus you get more info and you get to have more pretty lights on display havent used one yet is the sound as good as bass cube,i had jl audio 3ways components in front of last car with jl2 comp in rear 2 15"jl w3 d2 subbs in boot pro line drivers with bass cube directed2400d and and directed 4way amp for component speakers want to go louder in z if i can make enough speakers fit in it

What makes you think you need more speakers to go louder? Decent amps and speakers correctly installed will blow you away. With my W7 I never had anyone guess I had less than 2 10" subs and 1kw of power. The total system was 1kw (RMS, not PMPO) with 500w on the sub, and it was capable of being loud - as in 138db. :)