Rear Fog Light Help

Erni902

Evening guys,

So I have just bought some new reverse/indicator/fog light units. Having a look at the wiring for the units and I figured I would need to wire up the passenger side unit to the feed on the drivers side. Now I havent had a chance to get the rear bumper off yet so not seen the wiring etc behind there. I have also discovered that my rear fog light does not work so hoping its just a bulb thats gone or the previous owner has removed it for whatever reason when they put the clear lights on.

Question I have is does the feed for the rear fog come through the standard 4 pin connector on the drivers side if so does anyone know what the colour coding is for the wire I need to tap into? Will save me tapping into each wire until I get the right one.

Thanks in advance

If they are the LED rear indicator/ fog/ reverse then the wiring is in the new led cluster for your indicators and both sides reverse. If you want the fog light then either add a pin to the LED cluster plug (as I did) or hard wire your car fog wire to the new cluster.

Mine are a set with a separate red strip around the edge specifically for brake lights and fog lights. Due to this there is a wire that comes out of the new units connected to this light which I will then be connecting to the feed for the fog light. Just need to know the colour of the wire passing the signal for the fog light so I can tap it into the passenger side aswell.

Added a pic below of the units I have got. I wont be wiring the side lights or brake lights up to these units only the fog light (and of course the reverse and indicators).

Nissan-350Z-Rear-Turn-Signal-Backup-Lamp-08.jpg

They are the same lights as I have and I wired them the same as you want to, I just can't remember the wire colour ( it becomes obvious when you put the two plugs together though). If you want a hand fitting them I'm only in Upton , just the other side of the malverns from you! Bring it round and we can sort it out, I even have a spare pin for the connector somewhere!

Thanks for the offer mate that's great. I will take a look at her this weekend but if I cant figure it then I will give you a shout. I know Upton, Ive been flooded in several times haha. I used to work on the science park in Malvern several years ago and some colleagues lived in Upton.

I cant do anything until the weekend as the supplier forgot to pack the resistor packs in the box so have to wait for those to turn up. Did you purchase the spare pin or just have it left over? I might try to source some spare pins so I can tidy the wiring up inside the connectors.

Cheers mate, just been to a local motor factor and they had the correct pins to fit the connectors so grabbed a slack handful. Also grabbed some sealant and just gone over the lights to ensure no moisture will get inside as I dont want to be pulling the bumper back off to redo the sealant.