Anyone used these ramps with jacks?

scobie140

Nope not seen ones like those.

I did see these a few days/weeks ago that Andybp has: http://www.cjautos.e...uct_p/cr012.htm

Bit more expensive though I know. ;)

Yeh i stumbled across them last night, They look good but a bit expensive though.

Found this http://www.carlift-ramp-mr1.com/ aswell looks good,simple and solid just way too expensive.

Just looking for better ways to get enough clearance to swap a clutch out on a driveway without breaking the bank as then i'd be just aswell sticking it into a garage

Just looking for better ways to get enough clearance to swap a clutch out on a driveway without breaking the bank as then i'd be just aswell sticking it into a garage

My mate made a 4 post lift for his car using 4 farmers jacks (3 ton versions)...

image_23196.jpg

Basically he spaced them appropriately and bolted the 4 of them to his garage floor. Then he used steel box section to reach across from either side (one piece at the front & one piece at the back) with some welded plates on the tops which were shaped to fit into the normal jacking points on his Subaru.

It actually worked really well and probably cost him only just over £100 to do.

You had to jack up each one individually going round & round the car obviously until you got to the height you wanted which did take time but still doable on your own. Seemed safe enough & he used that set up for years with his car right up until he moved house.

My mate made a 4 post lift for his car using 4 farmers jacks (3 ton versions)...

image_23196.jpg

Basically he spaced them appropriately and bolted the 4 of them to his garage floor. Then he used steel box section to reach across from either side (one piece at the front & one piece at the back) with some welded plates on the tops which were shaped to fit into the normal jacking points on his Subaru.

It actually worked really well and probably cost him only just over £100 to do.

You had to jack up each one individually going round & round the car obviously until you got to the height you wanted which did take time but still doable on your own. Seemed safe enough & he used that set up for years with his car right up until he moved house.

Thats clever I like it.

If i had a decent sized garage i'd prob have splashed out on some sort of lift but unfortunately i have a modern sized garage which can't fit any modern cars :thumbdown: a glorified shed really haha.

Thats clever I like it.

If i had a decent sized garage i'd prob have splashed out on some sort of lift but unfortunately i have a modern sized garage which can't fit any modern cars :thumbdown: a glorified shed really haha.

I feel your pain. The way these "modern" garages are is ridiculous. :wacko:

Luckily since I moved last year I don't have that problem anymore, ...still my garage is a work in progress but definitely enough space to work on a car. :)