True meaning of a painting

Zummertor

A couple attending an art exhibition at the national gallery were staring at a portrait which had them totally confused. The painting depicted three black men totally naked sitting on a park bench.

Two of the men had black pe[darn shouldn't type this, aha I know] parts and one was pink.

The curator of the gallery realised that the couple were confused and were having trouble interpreting the painting and offered his assistance. He went on and on for nearly half an hour [bet you're glad I didn't type all that in!], explaining how it depicted the sexual emasculation of African-Americans in a predominately white patriarchical society. In fact he pointed out "some serious critics believe the pink part reflects the cultural and social oppresion expressed by gay men in a contemproary society."

After the curator left a Scotsman approached the couple and said "would you like to know what that paintings really about?"

The couple said "how would you claim to know more than the curator of this gallery about that painting?"

"Because I'm the guy that painted it", he replied, "In fact there is no African American representation at all, they are just three Scottish coal miners and the guy in the middle went home for lunch"